Thread: Ultima ACRYLIC Waterless Wash Review

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima ACRYLIC Waterless Wash Review

I would like to start off by thanking Corey for the Ultima ACRYLIC Waterless Wash, I thought I would get a sample but he sent a whole concentration bottle and an empty spray bottle. Per the instructions I put 1 oz of UAWW into the bottle and filled the rest with distilled water (directions does not mention to use distilled water).
    1.jpg

I started with the trunk as you can see there are water spots from the previous washing.
    2.JPG

I sprayed UAWW and then wiped with a long nap MF towel and dried with the short nap. The dirt instantly got trapped in the first wipe and no dirt was on the drying towel.
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

It even removed the water spots.
    5.jpg
    Last edited by DARK HORSE; 08-13-2016 at 03:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Continued (due to 5 picture limit):

I taped the hood to compare UAWW to CG Clay Luber (it was the only QD I had at the moment, I rarely perform waterless or rinseless washes, I mostly use QD for Nanoscrub lubricant)
    6.JPG

It cleans similarly but it felt that the UAWW absorbed into the towel better, like it wanted to be taken off the paint (I used new towel on the Luber side).
    7.JPG

It looks like UAWW does some filling, because on the Luber side you can see some swirls.
    8.jpg
    9.jpg

After going over the Luber side with UAWW, the swirls are gone.
    10.jpg

To do a whole body minus the wheels and windows I used almost ½ (10oz) the spray bottle and it would have taken me 15 min if I didn’t stop to do testing and take pictures.

Conclusion:
    1. I wouldn’t use it on a real dirty car (my car was washed 5 day ago but it gets parked outside at work and at home). Even the directions say remove heavy dirt or sand first before UAWW. Use it in between washes before the car gets too dirty to keep the car always clean.
    2. It is FAST and I don’t need to worry about constant water drips from a full on car wash.
    3. It pays for itself where there are water restrictions; a little goes a long way.
    4. I used other QD and Quick Waxes that got pushed around when trying to wipe it dry but UUAW is attracted to the towel.
    5. Leaves a nice shine on the car while lightly filling in swirls.
    6. One thing I noticed that is different from a washed or waxed car is that UUAW tends to attract dust; it might be the static build up from the MF towels. Maybe it can use some of the anti-static components from Carpro Eraser.
    Last edited by Homer; 08-13-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Certified Finest Installer Dellinger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your thoughts! Great review and pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shin, Thank you so much for the review, and thank you so much for your time, it is very much appreciated! Great job!
    Tad

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Homer!

I'm trying to do my review but after my Windows 10 update last night, my computer is running like molasses on a cold day.

I did both the bottle and a bucket wash.

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you have to fill with distilled water yet it's waterless?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahaw View Post
    Why do you have to fill with distilled water yet it's waterless?
    I use distilled water in my rinseless and waterless washes because of what people who have a strong understanding of how those products works explain how they work to me. According to them, those products are able to clean without marring the paint because of how the molecules in the solution encapsulate the dirt and debris on your paint and loosen that dirt and debris to it can removed safely.

If what I was told does not sound correct, please reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, I now see that was four and a half years ago. Oh well, if anyone has something to add, please do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever faced challenges or concerns regarding water restrictions, and if so, did you find waterless wash solutions like UUAW to be effective alternatives for maintaining a clean car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HaloaFlema View Post
    Have you ever faced challenges or concerns regarding water restrictions, and if so, did you find waterless wash solutions like UUAW to be effective alternatives for maintaining a clean car?
    It's still my go to waterless wash.