Thread: How do I remove sap without hurting CQuartz or clear wrap?

Post Thanks / Like

How do I remove sap without hurting CQuartz or clear wrap?

I live and work in a wooded area and the sap is starting to drip. I have parts of my car clear wrapped, including my front clip. I read that Tar X was not to be used on a clear wrap. Does anyone know of a product that is safe for clear wrap and CQuartz Finest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMeat View Post
    I live and work in a wooded area and the sap is starting to drip. I have parts of my car clear wrapped, including my front clip. I read that Tar X was not to be used on a clear wrap. Does anyone know of a product that is safe for clear wrap and CQuartz Finest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Its true that Tar X should be used carefully on clear and in fact carefully if used on coatings also. That means on clear bra you don't want to leave it very long and on coatings you do not want to rub it into the surface as it can damage the hydrophobics if the coating is no allowed to repel it.

#1 Wash with CarPro Reset regularly.

#2 Depending on the type of sap, alcohol/water 50/50 may easily remove it depending on the type of sap. Other sap will pop right off of Finest when hit with water under pressure after it dries.

#3 I would keep my car garaged without question after investing in having a Finest installer put that much work into it. Keep it in the garage and out of the sap.

Best,
    Corey

Post Thanks / Like
    it is a year and a half later and the sap is still on the car. I was worried about using TarX as I wasn't sure what to actually look for to keep it from destroying the finish. My car is a daily driver and will continue to be. So keeping it in a garage at work would never be a possibility. The spot of sap is now smaller but is definitely still there and hard as a rock. I am guessing there isn't anything I can do about it now, but do you have any suggestions?

On areas without a clear wrap, can TarX be used without so much danger to destroying the CQuartz coating? I am considering putting CQUK 3.0 on the car now (on top of the Finest, if possible) and also on my wife's car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ever try a little tarx on that area to see if it would loosen up the sap on the areas without paint protection film?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Did you ever try a little tarx on that area to see if it would loosen up the sap on the areas without paint protection film?
    No. The Finest was only a month old and was worried it might mess the coating up, as Cory told me to be careful even on areas without protective film. He had also mentioned that the sap might just pop off when dry. Since the coating, again was so new, I thought if ever sap would just dry and pop off, that was going to be the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being that it has been over a year, give tarx a try on that isolated area and see if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Being that it has been over a year, give tarx a try on that isolated area and see if that helps.
    I’ll try that, especially since I am about to put a new coating on it.

Thank you for your help.