Thread: Clear Bra and Reload application

Post Thanks / Like

Clear Bra and Reload application

Hello all,

I had the clear bra by pro form done recently and the tech said I could cut reload 50/50.

Any comments or should I use 100%?

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can cut it 50/50 with distilled or deionized water if you'd like. But I prefer to use it neat!
    Tad

3. Likes Charlie King liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I coated ours with CQuartz and regularly use reload right out of the bottle.

5. Likes Charlie King liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Reload on Paint Protection Film

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    You can cut it 50/50 with distilled or deionized water if you'd like. But I prefer to use it neat!
    I'm currently not using a coating. Is Reload the best product to apply directly on the clear bra, or is there a better product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oduck2112 View Post
    I'm currently not using a coating. Is Reload the best product to apply directly on the clear bra, or is there a better product?
    Reload will work fine on a clear bra if you are not going with a coating.

8. Thanks oduck2112 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Reload will work fine on a clear bra if you are not going with a coating.
    I have a Xpel Clear PPF on the whole nose of my ride with a ceramic coating over it. So I figured reload would be the right way to go since the whole car is coated. So I used Carpro reset and reload on it and it looked fine after I did it.Couple of weeks later I was washing it and the PPF looked like it had stains on it. I tried everything even alcohol it would not come off. I didn't want to chance buffing it so I brought it to my detailer who installed the PPF & the CC he couldn't get if off either so he finally broke out the buffer and thank God it finally came off but so did the CC. To make a long story short the PPF Has to be stripped of the CC and re-applied. Lesson learned DO NOT put CarPro reload on a ceramic Coated Clear Bra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWM2 View Post
    I have a Xpel Clear PPF on the whole nose of my ride with a ceramic coating over it. So I figured reload would be the right way to go since the whole car is coated. So I used Carpro reset and reload on it and it looked fine after I did it.Couple of weeks later I was washing it and the PPF looked like it had stains on it. I tried everything even alcohol it would not come off. I didn't want to chance buffing it so I brought it to my detailer who installed the PPF & the CC he couldn't get if off either so he finally broke out the buffer and thank God it finally came off but so did the CC. To make a long story short the PPF Has to be stripped of the CC and re-applied. Lesson learned DO NOT put CarPro reload on a ceramic Coated Clear Bra.
    What kind of environment is the vehicle exposed to? Were they water spots?