Thread: International selling

Post Thanks / Like

International selling

not sure if anyone from car pro will respond to this but worth a try.

As an international customer I tend to use amazon and I try to buy various car pro products on there but some say they will ship internationally and some wont. There doesnt appear to be any logic behind which products will ship or not. As a result i find an equivalent product from another manufacturer if possible. However some car pro products are unique so I just have to do without.

and in case your wondering why i dont order direct from car pro US - well the shipping for a small lightweight product like forte or flyby30 is approx $100 USD. Amazons is under $10 USD.

Just thought i would mention it, you may have valid reasons why it is like it is but you never know you may go " oh yeah" lets fix this so all our international customers can order our entire range from amazon !!. That would make my day )

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paulb, where are you located?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tired shipping from the USA as well. Not car products, but other things, books, CD's etc... postage is hit and miss from the USA, some companies seems to get a good price on postage, others seem to be trying to make money off it, and it can be extremely expensive, as you have pointed out. Best way I know to get things from the USA if a company is trying to rip you on postage, is to get it sent to a friend living there, and get them to send it. There are freight forwarding companies to, but I have not tried this method. I live in New Zealand and I have heard there is an NZ company in LA (I think), who do freight forward at much cheaper prices than US companies. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Paulb, where are you located?
    Hi. im in New Zealand- there is a great online store Detail Depot who i have bought a lot of product from but NZ is a small market so understandably it is not feasible to stock the entire range as it will sit on the shelf for years. so i turn to amazon and its frustrating when you see what you want and it says cant ship to NZ, then you look at the next car pro product and you can. I think once i saw a 500ml bottle not able to be shipped but the 1 litre you could. Doesnt appear to be any logic to what ships and what doesnt.
    Just curious if this is just admin errors or is there a reason for this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulspatch View Post
    I've tired shipping from the USA as well. Not car products, but other things, books, CD's etc... postage is hit and miss from the USA, some companies seems to get a good price on postage, others seem to be trying to make money off it, and it can be extremely expensive, as you have pointed out. Best way I know to get things from the USA if a company is trying to rip you on postage, is to get it sent to a friend living there, and get them to send it. There are freight forwarding companies to, but I have not tried this method. I live in New Zealand and I have heard there is an NZ company in LA (I think), who do freight forward at much cheaper prices than US companies. Hope this helps.
    Hi mate, Youshop is the cheapest freight forwarder for NZ as its run by NZ post and the shipping rates are great especially if you choose the economy option. BUT and its a big but, i got burned when i ordered product from amazon to get shipped to the Youshop in the USA and then Youshop said they cant ship to NZ as a lot of polishes and waxes are classified as dangerous goods. Stupid thing is that they cant tell you what they consider is dangerous so its random luck. I got a sealant and a wax through but a polish and a a trim blackener was disallowed. Too risky to gamble with as i had to return to amazon and pay amazon a shipping fee as well as Youshop.
    PS- i dont have a good friend in the USA - wish i did, would solve all my problems )

Post Thanks / Like
    Detail Depot is good, I get all my Car Pro stuff from there. Yeah, the Amazon experience, I've had that to, some things are OK, others not, very frustrating. I tried to order a DVD of an air show I went to in Texas, only $20 for the DVD, but $70 for the postage. I've had other places send me DVD's and books for less than $10. Needless to say, I never got the DVD of the airshow. Also, Detail Depot will order in stuff that they don't sell day to day.