Thread: to bra or not to bra

Post Thanks / Like

to bra or not to bra

hey guys I have a half bra on my f30 bmw... I am going to c qarts uk the car this spring, I have a couple of questions about this bra, I really hate the half bra, so I plan on removing, but after the paint is corrected, due I apply a full hood bra then the quartz or due I apply the c.q. then spray the 3m bra on? Or due I even need a 3m spray on bra after the C.Q. treatment..

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO the only type of bra is the clear vinyl kind. I had it installed then did the CQuartz over the entire car.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by instalher View Post
    hey guys I have a half bra on my f30 bmw... I am going to c qarts uk the car this spring, I have a couple of questions about this bra, I really hate the half bra, so I plan on removing, but after the paint is corrected, due I apply a full hood bra then the quartz or due I apply the c.q. then spray the 3m bra on? Or due I even need a 3m spray on bra after the C.Q. treatment..
    When you say bra, are you referring to the old style removable bra or a clear film? Just want to be sure we are on the same page.

On my truck, I did a full clear XPEL film or I should say Greg Gellas at Signature Detailing did. He is also a CQUARTZ Finest installer.
    My wife's car has half of her hood done and , looking back now, I would have done the whole hood.
    If you plan on removing the bra, remove the old one, decon and correct, then apply the film. Then if you want to apply the CQ after the film is on. I'm not sure about the spray on type but I would try it without the coating. Besides, the spray film will need time to cure. Also, check with the spray films manufacturer to see what they recommend.
    Do you plan on doing this yourself or have a professional do it? If you have a pro do it, I would consult them. Also not sure of your budgetary concerns so that is another piece of the puzzle.
    I did the film due to the amount of interstate driving we do. Let's just say lesson learned from previous vehicles.
    Last edited by fdresq4; 12-26-2016 at 02:05 PM.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend