Thread: Best snow foam for CQuartz Finest

Post Thanks / Like

Best snow foam for CQuartz Finest

Had a look through numerous threads so hopefully not duplicate question
    I have CQuartz Finest applied to my RS (6 months ago) and during summer months I used Meguiars Hyper Wash, which seems great when the car is a little dusty before a 2 bucket clean using Reset. But during these winter months in the UK, where a car can look like its been rallying within a few days, are there any better alternatives that will shift more dirt off the car whilst being nice to the CqQuartz e.g. Bilt Hamber Auto Foam/ Iron X Snow Soap - that one could use regularly e.g. every couple of weeks, before a 2 bucket clean?

Also when you get little tar spots is it worth using Tar X - and if so, how often?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're going to foam prior to your 2 bucket maintenance wash every couple of weeks I would suggest that you use Reset in your foam gun, as well as for your 2 bucket wash. You can use Hydro Foam and/or Iron X Snow soap every few months to refresh the coating as you see fit. But using it anymore than this is just overkill and not necessary.

As for TarX, it should be used only with caution on a coated vehicle and not in the sun and not scrubbed into the coating.
    Tad