Thread: Black Maserati Hell....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Black Maserati Hell....

I had a local pro put on Cquartz and waited the requisite week before washing the car. Excitedly, I prepared all of my products to finally wash her and bring out that amazing beauty I saw on day 1 when I picked her up. Alas, after I washed her I decided to add a coat of "Hydrofoam" as a last step before blow drying and would you believe, the SUN came flying out of the clouds when I started the foam cannon. I couldn't believe it. I immediately rinsed her off. However, after bringing the car inside for the final dry I saw these "streaks" down the hood. I've since washed the car again approximately 2 weeks later "hoping" another wash + Quick detail after drying with Merlin's Magic Elixir would make those NASTY streaks go away. It did not

So my question to Cory or one of the other experts is, do you think that another wash with ERASER (rather than RESET) + using SPOTLESS would take those streaks away? Or am I going to take it back to the pro with my head hung low and he do a more aggressive DA and Essence + ? I'm trying to avoid spending more $$ given that I've dropped so much on her on other things lately and the wifey is a little tired of it

Thank you for your time in my dilemma

IMG_6396 2.jpg
    Last edited by TeFLoN; 04-10-2017 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Changed Reload to Reset

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teflon, So sorry to hear this! Eraser is unlikely to solve it. The time being weeks passed is a definite challenge but we may still be able to solve it. Next time you wash it, take a little Hydrofoam applied DIRECTLY to your wet mitt and go over ONE panel and then immediately rinse. This will hopefully solve it. If done the same day then it solves it very easily but two weeks of UV and curing may make it together. Try that and let us know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive had this problem before. The hood is a large panel especially on that Masarati. If you try to apply cquartz on the entire hood then wipe off it will be too much time and product will dry showing streaks. You are supposed to do the hood in half sections or even 3 sections.

To repair this test your best would be to polish with DA using Essence or Esssence plus with CarPro Glosser pad. It will just level out those streaks which are called "high spots"

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fdresq4. The thread did move wildly off topic but the post where Cory piped up in the end (#19 like you said) is a possible solution. I'll try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by TeFLoN; 04-10-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeFLoN View Post
    Thanks fdresq4. The thread did move wildly off topic but the post where Cory piped up in the end (#19 like you said) is a possible solution. I'll try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thumbs up. I hope that helps.

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend