Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Durability of Reload

Post Thanks / Like

Durability of Reload

A couple guys on AG are saying that Reload has poor durability ( 7-10 days). I love and use Reload a lot, but have not done a durability test.

Has anyone done one, as I would like to prove them wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious as well.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have applied Reload on both of our vehicles, one CQFinest and the other CQUK, and have seen it last thru the winter. Real world everyday use is the only testing I have done to be honest...
    I have also applied RELOAD on other vehicles as a stand alone prior to the winter and have had months of protection.

What specifically is being said? What are the elements these vehicles are being exposed to? What are their maintenance routines? How are they applying it and are the surfaces prepped for a successful adherence?

Sorry, other than that, I don't have much else to help you...

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    I have applied Reload on both of our vehicles, one CQFinest and the other CQUK, and have seen it last thru the winter. Real world everyday use is the only testing I have done to be honest...
    I have also applied RELOAD on other vehicles as a stand alone prior to the winter and have had months of protection.

What specifically is being said? What are the elements these vehicles are being exposed to? What are their maintenance routines? How are they applying it and are the surfaces prepped for a successful adherence?

Sorry, other than that, I don't have much else to help you...

Steve

quote: I'm on the "Reload doesn't last long" train. I don't put Reload in the category of a regular wipe on/haze/wipe off sealant. For me Reload is a "topper" or a quick detailer type of product and 7-10 days outdoors is good for this type of product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    quote: I'm on the "Reload doesn't last long" train. I don't put Reload in the category of a regular wipe on/haze/wipe off sealant. For me Reload is a "topper" or a quick detailer type of product and 7-10 days outdoors is good for this type of product.
    Well, I got nothing for ya RS. I asked my buddy today, who is using Reload as a stand alone LSP, and he is pretty happy with the longevity.

Not sure what to tell those folks...

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    Well, I got nothing for ya RS. I asked my buddy today, who is using Reload as a stand alone LSP, and he is pretty happy with the longevity.

Not sure what to tell those folks...

Steve
    Here's another one: "Essence does play nice with sealants such as Ultimate Wax.. As far as using Essence topped with Reload, if you do that just make sure to top with Reload about every 7-10 days because it's longevity in regards to protection is really short."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I believe this was posted on AGO by Eldo. I take what he says in terms of protection with a grain of salt. He's a good guy in person. But he lives and details in an industrial area where there is a refinery, train tracks and many big rigs passing through. He is always texting me or telling me that so and so LSP doesn't last. It is all due to the high contaminated area he is in and he knows it. Thus he always mentions about the baggie test. Of course he is going to have contamination build up sooner than most. Just look at his recent post about Meg's UFF as another example. I was waiting for him to make a post that it does not work which he did.

I am a few miles closer to the beach then where he is and Reload works just fine and lasts longer than a week. Same goes for any LSP that I have used. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by The Guz; 04-12-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing that Guz. The parking lot at work butts up with the Northeast Corridor rail line. Trains run 24/7 and my truck sees a lot of rail fallout fwiw.

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love my Collonite 845
    Steve P

Post Thanks / Like
    I only apply Reload to surfaces that have been atleast clayed. It works amazing and it is very durable for 6 months easily when vehicle is regularly washed with a gentle deep cleansing shampoo such as Reset. It holds up great in the canadian winter months.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast