Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Durability of Reload

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I believe this was posted on AGO by Eldo. I take what he says in terms of protection with a grain of salt. He's a good guy in person. But he lives and details in an industrial area where there is a refinery, train tracks and many big rigs passing through. He is always texting me or telling me that so and so LSP doesn't last. It is all due to the high contaminated area he is in and he knows it. Thus he always mentions about the baggie test. Of course he is going to have contamination build up sooner than most. Just look at his recent post about Meg's UFF as another example. I was waiting for him to make a post that it does not work which he did.

I am a few miles closer to the beach then where he is and Reload works just fine and lasts longer than a week. Same goes for any LSP that I have used. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks Guz, I use Reload and Echo2o a lot, so I can't comment on the durability department.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love my Reload!
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Thanks Guz, I use Reload and Echo2o a lot, so I can't comment on the durability department.

Sorry I love Carpro products but reload last a week then washes off after I wash my car and yes using reset. Not a fan looking for other options to go over CQF. Maybe nothing will last over a coating so we are just making it looking shiny for the week. If anyone else has something that has lasted let us know

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazer View Post
    Sorry I love Carpro products but reload last a week then washes off after I wash my car and yes using reset. Not a fan looking for other options to go over CQF. Maybe nothing will last over a coating so we are just making it looking shiny for the week. If anyone else has something that has lasted let us know
    How do you know if Reload only lasts a week over CQF? Do you have a secret gauge that can measure this?

If you did Reload over bare paint and the beading and sheeting was gone after a week then it may be a good test.

But you did this over CQF so how do you tell if Reload was gone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    How do you know if Reload only lasts a week over CQF? Do you have a secret gauge that can measure this?

If you did Reload over bare paint and the beading and sheeting was gone after a week then it may be a good test.

But you did this over CQF so how do you tell if Reload was gone?

Ha ha I wish i had a secret guage. After washng the car it seems like the shine and the slickness is gone and many people who I work with felt the same way.
    Maybe nothing sticks to the CQF. Has your experience been different my other detailer says Sonax lasts for a month based on his experience

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, newbie here. What does LSP stand for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie King View Post
    Sorry, newbie here. What does LSP stand for?
    LSP=Last Step Product

8. Thanks Charlie King thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also believe that the durability of Reload, is not what is announced. I have applied Reload with different preparations (only wash, wash + decon + eraser, paint correction + eraser, essence + reload) in cars with different care (outside 24/7 or garage 24/7), using different car wash shampoos (Reset, Megs, Griot's).

The beading and sheeting, only lasted only 2-3 washes and the hydrophobic effect drops considerably after the first or second wash, I would like it to really last what is announced, however, the shine and the look it gives is worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe things have changed, but I always had good durability with Reload.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Northern Vermont

Post Thanks / Like
    I also find it does not last super long when using reload as a stand alone LSP. 3-4 weeks average I would say.
    Detailer
    Adelaide, Australia.
    https://polishd.com.au/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast