Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coating leveling

Post Thanks / Like

Coating leveling

What product is best for leveling the coating? Microfiber suede or the lint free orange microfiber?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wiping with only the Suede towels "can" sometimes leave high spots, so I recommend using the CarPro Boa http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-...range-24-x-16/ towel after the suede (this ensures total residue removal). Here's a guide that may help you further... https://carproforum.com/showthread.ph...-Answered-Here
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Do you have to get the paint absolutely perfect on every square inch before applying the coating or do you spend the most time on your flat areas and most visible spots?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a personal choice. I personally prefer to prefect that paint as much as possible before applying the coating. Remember once you apply it, defects will be locked in and slightly magnified.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotcha makes sense. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    DSCN0740.jpg

That's what I used when I coated my Tahoe with CQ UK, 2 Orange Boa Towels.

The Coating laid down so smooth and level, I swear, I debated even using the Boa's after. But I did, not to try something unorthodox per Corey's tips. All came out great.

Here's a pic from last week. New wheels and tougher tires. Wishing to move north, will need those BFG All Terrain T/A's on board.

Post Thanks / Like
    That truck looks amazing Mark so much gloss and depth in that white paint.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailRay View Post
    That truck looks amazing Mark so much gloss and depth in that white paint.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Thank you Ray. I ordered this SUV fully loaded and took delivery of it in Oct 1996. Hard to showcase White Paint in pics, but with eyeball right to the surface, and a very close examination under just about any light, the paint looks as good as it did over 20 years ago. (Vehicle has 39K on the ODO)

The quality of paint refinement I got with Wolfgang Polishes and D/A, and with CQuartz UK as the protectant was the wisest thing I've ever done to that vehicle. Everything else I tried fell considerably short. Especially in regard to protection against Paint Marring.

The entire rest of the truck (Trim, Lights, and Wheels) wears CQuartz DLX.

It has to be about 3 years ago that I polished and coated the vehicle. It basically sits covered when not in use for the past 4 years, so it's "sort of" like a "Garage Queen".

But that CQuartz UK Application looks, and is holding up like I just coated it just a couple months ago.

The paint still displays great gloss, no swirls-marring, and still exhibits a hard as a rock protection on board. Same with the CQ DLX everywhere else. Both killer products which have little to no peer IMO.

All I've used since coating the entire vehicle all along is Carpro Reload everywhere, nothing else.

While one might say "I'm cheating a bit" because it's covered, you should experience the weather we have here in this Desert NM Town.

Often very high winds, 40-50mph which is not uncommon on a daily basis, which cause the cover to billow and rub the paint, and the combinations of two different kinds of dusts available to really mess up a vehicle, the brown dusts from the ground, and the very abrasive "White Dusts" from living just a few miles east of the largest Gypsum Field on the planet, White Sands Missile Range-White Sands National Monument.

I'm for sure a "Carpro Believer", that any other vehicles come into my possession in the future which are worthy of great care, Carpro will top my list for protection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the UK offer better protection than standard? Also I thought you can apply UK and standard to wheels and plastic instead of having to buy Dlux...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JChastain View Post
    Does the UK offer better protection than standard? Also I thought you can apply UK and standard to wheels and plastic instead of having to buy Dlux...
    These graphics are good in this thread

https://carproforum.com/showthread.ph...z-Professional

You can technically apply any coating on the wheel. DLUX has a higher heat resistance making it more durable for wheels. Hopefully someone chimes in with your question about plastics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast