Thread: Wax Addict Revive Leather Cleaner and Leather Balm

Post Thanks / Like

Wax Addict Revive Leather Cleaner and Leather Balm

This is a combo review of both the REVIVE Leather Cleaner and Leather Balm conditioner.

First, let's start with the REVIVE leather cleaner.

I've used quite a few different products over the years Some did nothing and others so strong they removed the leather dye.
    I found REVIVE Leather Cleaner to be a bit on the mild side. It removed surface dirt without causing any harm to the color.
    I used orange BOA although instructions state "wipe with a dye safe (white or uncoloured) cloth". I had no issue with black.
    I would suggest following the manufacturers recommendations. I feel that "in this case" it worked but I wouldn't trust it.

Manufacturers listing

Waxaddict REVIVE Leather Cleaner

Safely revives leather seats and trim, removing dirt, grime and light stains.
    Simply spray on a cloth and wipe off to remove surface dirt without damaging your delicate leather.

Features:

Classic Leather scent
    Gentle cleanser for most fine leathers

Directions:

On leather surfaces spray directly onto the area and wipe with a dye safe (white or uncoloured) cloth. Repeat if required.
    Although this is a gentle cleaner always test a small area first for incompatibility
    Follow with Waxaddict Leather Balm to recondition. Repeat every few months.

Note: Do not use on suede or soft glove leathers.

Precautions:

Do not ingest
    Keep out of reach of children
    Do not leave to dry on surface
    Test in inconspicuous area before use

The seats I used it on were combo leather and fabric.
    I only used the products on the leather parts of the seats.
    * I found the second line amusing...Water Based, No Nasties.

Here is the "before" shot of the seats.

I sprayed a little Waxaddict REVIVE Leather Cleaner on both the cloth and directly on the leather then wiped the leather.

I was actually surprised and the amount of dirt and grime that came off onto the towel.

Second, after cleaning, I did a follow up with the leather balm.

After the leather was cleaned I used the balm (but again not completely following directions) I applied it with my hands.

Using my fingers I gently rubbed the leather balm into all the crevices. I must admit it was a sensual experience.
    Although it looks "shiny" in the above picture when it dries it has a matte satin finish and a subtle leather fragrance.

I really like the "look and feel" when it is dry and visually it seemed like a lot of the fine leather "cracks" disappeared.

Manufacturers listing

Waxaddict Leather Balm

Waxaddict has taken their finest wax ingredients and mixed them with organic oils to make a luxury leather balm.
    The oils restore old and worn leather and the wax helps protect the surface from outside conditions such as UV radiation.
    Conditions deep into leather, vinyl or artico and leaves a classic leather fragrance.
    Use Waxaddict Leather Balm for protection after the surface has been cleaned with the Waxaddict Leather Cleaner.

Features:

Organic
    Classic Leather Scent
    Safe for Leather, Vinyl and Artico

Application by Hand:

Apply after using Waxaddict Leather Cleaner using a dye safe (colorless) soft foam pad.
    Work in gently with minimal pressure, leave for 20 mins and buff using a clean dye safe (colorless) cloth.
    For best results use on a hot day with the windows up or with the heater on, the hot interior will open up the leather pores and allow for deep conditioning.

Note: Always test a small area first and ALWAYS use dye safe color free cloths.

Conclusion:

Very simply, these are easy-to-use "safe" products that created a soft luxurious leather finish.
    Although the leather is only a couple of years old, it made the leather surfaces softer & smoother.
    It does not have the "slick" feel or "shine" that I have experienced with most leather conditioners.
    I later wiped the leather surfaces lightly with a dry side of the towel to remove any excess product.

It simply does what it claims. It helps restore & preserve leather & it has a classic fine leather scent.
    I am happy with the products and happy with the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice review. I have actually been looking for a new leather conditioner to revive the seats in an '07 Accord that are like cardboard. This may just be the product I'm looking for.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Mike. I've turned some guys on to the Tyre Conditioner and the love it.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Never tried the cleaner yet I like using the Leather balm. This product really conditions my leather seats.