Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Layering over Hidr02 lite

Post Thanks / Like

Layering over Hidr02 lite

I've applied Hidr02 lite last weekend after paint correction and accordingly to instructions and it looks fine.

Do i need cautions on the products to use on top of it? Shampoo, QD or even a wax?

To wash car i use foam lance wash with auto finesse avalanche , them regular wash with shampoo gyeon bathe+ and drying aid i use QD poorboys spray and gloss.
    Can i continue using this products now that i have Hydr02 lite on?

I already read that some users are having some serius issues with this product so ive take all precautions on the aplication and its great but could have like to see more gloss.
    What if i use a wax on top of HydrO2?

If i use this products on top of hidr02 lite and notice any streaks or stains what can i do to remove them? And how i remove hydro2 lite from paint?

Thanks and regards

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you elaborate on those issues others are having? If you use it, as per the directions, you should be fine.

As far as topping it with a wax, I don't see a need for it. I'm a big fan of using like products with each other. For example, using Reset or a neautral soap would be a good start. It doesn't have any additives that could mute the Shine and sheeting abilities of Hydro. Also, I would suggest using Echo 2 as a q.d. The soap you mentioned is stout for cleaning and I have used that in the past during the winter months or after long road trips in which the dirt and dead bugs were plentiful.
    If you are worried about stains or streaking then do not wash in the sun and make sure the surface is cool. As always, follow the directions per manufacturer.
    Is there a reason why you want to remove it?
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to layer Hydro O2, I would suggest Hydro Foam or if looking to go waterless, Echo2. In either case, follow the directions and use it in the shade and on a cool surface.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your reply

Already give it a test yesterday with snow foam auto finesse avalanche with no problems but gyeon bathe+ and QD spray & gloss, still need more information before trying them because silica base on bathe+ and gloss enhancement properties on the QD.

My car gets a lot of dirt every week so i need to wash it with good shampoo every time. And now with winter coming fast, its a challenge to ride clean.
    So if you already used bathe+ with Hydro i feel more confortable to use it. Thanks!

Already read some feedback of users having issues with layer Hidr02 on top of waxes or other gloss enhancement products. But didnt see anyone talking about issues to layer Hidr02 with a wax or issues on using some shampoo or QD.

Eventualy in the future would need to know how to strip Hydr02, so i can apply fresh new protection

Post Thanks / Like
    You do not need to use Bathe+ every wash. Once a month is fine. It will work fine with hydro.

I would agree with getting yourself some EcH20. It is a great product to maintain any silica/ceramic coating.

I just wrote this review which captures my thoughts on it.

Review - CarPro EcH2o

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply.
    Now i feel more confortable to use the bathe+ with Hydr02.
    EchO2 looks good but unfortunatly isnt available here.
    i dont intend to go rinseless, just to use the QD as drying aid and add some extra gloss after washing it with shampoo.
    If no one have feedback on the PB QD spray & gloss, i will first test it with Hidr02 on a door jamb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that Poorboys product the Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash & Quick Detailer? If it is, Poorboys states it leaves nothing behind on the surface. So it should be fine to use with hydro.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, this is PB spray & gloss.
    I think it have some gloss enhancement, and for that reason i was wondering if it have issue to use with Hidr02. Because i know that Hidr02 shouldn't be use over any gloss enhancement products, but doesn't says anything if is safe to use a wax or other gloss enhancement product layering over Hidr02.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know too much about that product. I would not worry too much about using it. The self cleaning effect of hydro should not allow the QD to linger that long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Already tested the QD poorboys spray & gloss over the HydrO2. Good gloss with no streaks!

For the future, just would like to know how to strip the hydrO2 from paint? Iron-x?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast