Thread: Review - CarPro EcH2o

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro EcH2o

I was not going to do a review on EcH2o as there are already many good reviews on it. But I figured I would post my thoughts and observations on it since I have been using it since it came out.

For those that are not aware this is a waterless wash, detail spray, rinseless wash and clay lubricant concentrate that contains SiO2 which is designed to be used with ceramic coatings. Very versatile product.

I've used it for every purpose other than a clay lubricant.

From the product page

Directions:

Quick Detailer:

• Shake well and dilute 1:15 ~ 1:25
    • Spray, spread, and wipe off completely

Waterless Wash:

• Shake well and dilute 1:10 ~ 1:15
    • Spray liberally across one entire panel
    • Lightly wipe with Crazy Pile*towel flipping towel to fresh sides often
    • Spray once more across panel surface
    • Using a fresh Crazy Pile*towel wipe surface removing remainder of dust and dirt
    • Move to next panel, repeat steps 2-5, and continue around vehicle
    • Final wipe entire vehicle with a fresh clean towel as needed

Clay Lubricant: 1:40*

Rinse-less Wash:**

• Mix 3 gallons of water with 2-3 ounces of Ech2o in a bucket with Grit Guard
    • Fill another 5 gallon bucket with grit guard and ONLY clean water
    • Submerge Crazy Pile Microfiber Towel in the solution*bucket *
    • Fold Towel in half and drag slowly across surface no pressure across 1/4 of a panel
    • Flip Towel and do a couple other passes on the next 1/4 of panel
    • Flip Towel In side out and repeat using all 4 sides to complete one panel
    • Use a seperate clean soaked towel for final buffing wipe
    • Use a DRY summit 800 or suitable drying towel to dry the panel completely before moving on to next panel
    • Wash the dirty towels in your rinse bucket OR use a new towel submerged and repeat steps 3-8
    • Wash all towels in washing machine with Micro-Restore when complete

My cars and my immediate families cars are all coated with some type of ceramic coating. The beauty of EcH2o is that it can be used on other coatings besides CarPro and it works great.

Being in Southern California we were hit with water restrictions by the drought and even though the drought was declared to be over, cities are still issuing fines for those that abuse water. So during this drought I have become skilled in rinseless and waterless washing. It has also become much more convenient on top of saving me time to wash. I still do the occasional 2 bucket wash to break up the mundaneness of rinseless washing.

As a waterless wash EcH2o works very well. It does take a little more effort than some other waterless washes that I have used. But the gloss and slickness left behind is what sets this apart as a waterless wash for coated paint. I don't do too many waterless washes as I avoid touching the paint unless it is necessary. Works great for those cars that get light dusting sitting in the garage.

As a detail spray it works great. I find the sweet spot to be 1:20. I've used it as a drying aid and as a stand alone after I have dried the car with a blower to touch up the paint. The gloss is off the charts for this as well. Slickness is great. FYI It works well on glass that is coated with FlyByForte.

I have used it as a rinseless wash as well. It is stated to use 2-3 ounces of EcH2o in 3 gallons of water. Depending on how much dirt is on the paint that dictates the amount of EcH2o I use in the solution. I am impressed with it more and more as a rinseless wash as of late. It does take a little more product and it may be a bit on the expensive side for those that detail for a living. Would be a great up charge for a maintenance wash. For those of us that are enthusiasts and have a coated vehicle this is a great rinseless wash to use to maintain a ceramic coating.

I do dunk a spray bottle into the rinseless solution and use that as my pre-soak for paint and wheels.

When using it as a rinseless wash it cleans well as I use it with a microfiber wash mitt in a 2 bucket method. It leaves the surface slick and very glossy. What I noticed is that when drying the remaining solution, it flashes off to the point where it does not require a lot of effort to lightly buff the surface to ensure that all the residue has been cleaned up.

Here is my Camaro which I rinseless washed. It is coated with another manufacturers coating and EcH2o works very well with it. The paint was slick and glossy. We all know how hard it is to make white paint pop.

I recommend purchasing a bottle and giving it a try.

https://www.carpro-us.com/daily-deal...te-500ml-17oz/

2. Likes nisensai, demis34gt liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Guz. I too have found the 1:20 to be a sweet spot as a q.d. I also have it ready to go as Merlins Magic Elixir. It has become my favorite product to have. Now what to do with my other stuff...
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

4. Likes demis34gt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried that elixir yet yet. I will be making some of it to try it out myself.

I forgot to mention that I noticed less dust build up on the cars that tend to stay outside 24/7 after a weekly wash.
    Last edited by The Guz; 09-09-2017 at 06:53 PM.

6. Likes nisensai, demis34gt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very helpfull review Guz!!

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    great review been using this since July 18. stuff is super slick and glossy. I concur with the 1:20 to be the sweet spot