Thread: CQuartz 110 degree - 2016 Super White Toyota 4Runner

Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz 110 degree - 2016 Super White Toyota 4Runner

Today my 48 hours expired and I was able to do my first Reset wash and Reload after my CQuartz application. This was my first paint coating attempt and I was able to finish up with some ups and downs. I'm in the process of switching over to CarPro products from another company so my nitty gritty details may be a bit different than the regiment here.

Little preparation info:
    Strip wash with soap and all purpose cleaner
    Decon
    Clay bar/mitt
    Two Step Polishing with correction and finishing polishes
    Applied Eraser to clean off polishing oils

Finally, the grand finale: Application of the coating. Using the supplied applicator and suede cloths, I averaged about 1-2 panels per side of each applicator cloth. I found that I really didn't have to wait long at all for the coating to flash here in Florida.

This is when issues started to arise. The next morning when I was doing my inspections, I noticed streaking in the coating. Very VERY minor streaking and on white you could hardly see it... but I could. So I broke out the polishers and took off the bad spots/panels, depending on how I felt about it. Then, applied Eraser again, and coated.

48 hours later brings me to today, where I washed with Reset and dried with Reload.

I've attached pics and videos for viewing pleasure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Merlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer to remove CQ with the CarPro 2 face (short nap side) mf towels and check for high spots. That would save the repolish/reapply. Nonetheless it looks GREAT!

4. Thanks Mariner, nisensai thanked this post
    Likes nisensai liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I’m very happy with the end result.

Hmm I should figure out what microfiber you’re talking about and get some for when I coat my wife’s car because the repolishing really put a damper on my process. However I was happy to see that it took care of the issues.

I couldn’t really see it before but now I can really see the liquid look even in the white.

I forgot to mention I actually haven’t coated under the top rack yet. That will take manpower to remove. I did however remove the rear ladder, as well as the dealer sticker I had never removed. My intent is to purchase the Gliss and put that up there, as well as a topper on the CQuartz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. That is a large vehicle to coat. White looks awesome when coated.

7. Likes Mariner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Thank you! I’m very happy with the end result.

Hmm I should figure out what microfiber you’re talking about and get some for when I coat my wife’s car because the repolishing really put a damper on my process.

However I was happy to see that it took care of the issues.
    I like using the CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16" - Blue/ Orange 10 Pack

I can lightly remove the CQ with the short nap side when it is ready.
    I use the thicker nap side to check for high spots after using the short nap side.
    IMHO The 2 Face towel does a better job with coating removal and it is easier to use.

The two colors are new.
    I'm a little particular when it comes to reusing a mf towel that I used to remove CQ.
    It's not worth it to me to reuse a towel that may have a hardened coating in the fibers.

Now I can distinguish.
    I use the blue for coating removal and throw it away when I'm finished with the process.
    Yes, I've heard of folks that immediately soak the used coating towel in an APC mixture.
    ...for me, the cost of a towel is not worth the risk of using a "reused" microfiber towel.

Here's a link to help you find the different 2 face towels CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16"
    I suggest using a minimum of two towels per vehicle (folded and flipped) to remove CQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Snatched some of these up for last coating application; now my favorite coating towels. Very nice stuff, great price.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I like using the [URL="https://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-towels/carpro-2-face-no-lint-16-x-16-blue-orange-10-pack/"]CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16" - Blue/ Orange 10 Pack

I can lightly remove the CQ with the short nap side when it is ready.
    I use the thicker nap side to check for high spots after using the short nap side.
    IMHO The 2 Face towel does a better job with coating removal and it is easier to use.

The two colors are new.
    I'm a little particular when it comes to reusing a mf towel that I used to remove CQ.
    It's not worth it to me to reuse a towel that may have a hardened coating in the fibers.

Now I can distinguish.
    I use the blue for coating removal and throw it away when I'm finished with the process.
    Yes, I've heard of folks that immediately soak the used coating towel in an APC mixture.
    ...for me, the cost of a towel is not worth the risk of using a "reused" microfiber towel.

Here's a link to help you find the different 2 face towels CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16"
    I suggest using a minimum of two towels per vehicle (folded and flipped) to remove CQ.