Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Carpro Gliss!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yes sir! Reset, Iron X, a light Tar X if needed, Reset, good rinse, and eraser.
    What if I have yet to coat my vehicle at all, but I have used Ech20 as a QD?

I want to apply Essence, Cquartz, then Gliss, so would you suggest Tar X still?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by touchless21 View Post
    What if I have yet to coat my vehicle at all, but I have used Ech20 as a QD?

I want to apply Essence, Cquartz, then Gliss, so would you suggest Tar X still?
    I would, that will remove the Ech2o and any organic contaminants.

Post Thanks / Like
    One question, why you cant use TarX to maintain Gliss just like IronX? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Gliss!

Quote Originally Posted by fgrm1979 View Post
    One question, why you cant use TarX to maintain Gliss just like IronX? Thanks
    Maybe it’s a bit harsher(?), but I don’t know why you wouldn’t hit it with Tar X too. I feel like I’d just do the normal decon, which includes Tar X. You’re young to add eraser or IPA after to clean the panel, and then top it, so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    My CQuartz Finest is almost 2 years old, and have applied Reload regularly. From what I have been reading in this thread, the coating might be too old for Gliss to stick and having used Reload regularly will also make it more difficult to stick. Is that correct?

I also have a PPF on front clip, and lower doors and quarter panels.

I am trying to find something to extend the Finest. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

I am prepping to use the Gliss I have the 1st week in June as I will have all week with the vehicle. I am looking to get options or opinions with pads for applying Essence or Essence Plus. I don't have any Gloss pads but I do have the LC White / Rupes Yellow & White / Megs MF Cut and Finish Disks. I am serioulsy considering the Megs MF Finishing Disks since I want a little bit of cut and clean up but I'm not planning on doing major paint correction.

Truth be told our VW is 10 years old and approaching 200k. I am not sure I will be keeping the car for more than a few years. I think that using the Essence as a base layer will be a good test to also show long term results when used with Gliss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I am prepping to use the Gliss I have the 1st week in June as I will have all week with the vehicle. I am looking to get options or opinions with pads for applying Essence or Essence Plus. I don't have any Gloss pads but I do have the LC White / Rupes Yellow & White / Megs MF Cut and Finish Disks. I am serioulsy considering the Megs MF Finishing Disks since I want a little bit of cut and clean up but I'm not planning on doing major paint correction.

Truth be told our VW is 10 years old and approaching 200k. I am not sure I will be keeping the car for more than a few years. I think that using the Essence as a base layer will be a good test to also show long term results when used with Gliss.

I personally did not like Essence with a cutting pad. Was hard to remove at times. But give it a try and see if you like it. It does work good with a Rupes yellow as a polish and with a Rupes white pad if you are looking for a light cut.

If you plan to use Essence Plus a Rupes white pad is ok. It does have a light cut to the pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I personally did not like Essence with a cutting pad. Was hard to remove at times.
    Are you talking about when Essence gets sort of burned on to the clearcoat? That happened to me a few times recently, but Eraser took it right off. Other than those instances Essence wiped right off for me.

Troy, why not throw a coat of CQuartz UK 3 in between the Essence and Gliss? That's what I just did to a 25-year-old Mercury Grand Marquis. UK 3 was very difficult to wipe off with the CarPro suede microfiber, but the newer CarPro two-face towel cut the buff-off time in half.
    — Jaddie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Troy, why not throw a coat of CQuartz UK 3 in between the Essence and Gliss? That's what I just did to a 25-year-old Mercury Grand Marquis. UK 3 was very difficult to wipe off with the CarPro suede microfiber, but the newer CarPro two-face towel cut the buff-off time in half.

Honestly, I want to do the testing for myself and others how will ask a similar question in the future. “Can we use Essence and Gliss together?”

My current plan is to do a 50/50 down the center of the car using Essence and Essence Plus’s as the bases to see how Gliss acts and how long it lasts.

10. Thanks Jaddie thanked this post
    Likes Jaddie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bottle of Gliss, but have yet to open it up and use it. I am seeing and hearing reviews, saying that you should not overlap due to its nature (maybe the quickness of flashing). When overlapping like a regular coating, Gliss is reportedly not behaving/lasting as long as it should/could. Can you all give some insight on the issue?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast