Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carpro Gliss!

Post Thanks / Like

2. Likes nisensai liked this post
    Certified Finest Installer Georgesakr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If IR cured may be applied after 45 minutes from CQuartz application" - would you IR cure CQuartz, wait 45min and apply Gliss? or apply CQuartz, wait 45min and apply Gliss then IR cure?

Certified Professional Installer nisensai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup yup, Rsurfer + ironX will be the best way
    Last edited by nisensai; 01-04-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Been using Ech2o over CQuartz as both a waterless and quick detailer. Do I need to decon with Reset,TarX and Eraser before applying Gliss?
    Yes sir! Reset, Iron X, a light Tar X if needed, Reset, good rinse, and eraser.

6. Likes nisensai, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found that after buffing off gliss and heat to cure with IR.
    Sometimes it will have some hazy spot when panel was heated, but it is easy to buff off.
    If you dont cure with IR, those hazy spot will appear after few days and it will gone by simple buffing.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

8. Thanks nisensai thanked this post
    Likes nisensai liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any official manufacturer write up coming?

Spring is coming and I am planning on pulling GLISS on our Jetta that has an old coat of CQUK. It has been nearly 3 years. I was hoping to just use Essence to clean up the paint and some minor water spotting. Would I be better to redo the CQ application then use GLISS or just go straight GLISS? I kinda want to go straight Gliss just to get a good durability test since the product is so new.

I have read the recommendations that Gliss needs a clean surface and the using Essences might not work well but I wonder why. If Essence is made to work and be a primer for CQ I don’t see why it wouldn’t do the same for Gliss. So if anyone has the science behind it I am open.

What if I use Essence then give it 12hr cure time then apply Gliss the next day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Any official manufacturer write up coming?

Spring is coming and I am planning on pulling GLISS on our Jetta that has an old coat of CQUK. It has been nearly 3 years. I was hoping to just use Essence to clean up the paint and some minor water spotting. Would I be better to redo the CQ application then use GLISS or just go straight GLISS? I kinda want to go straight Gliss just to get a good durability test since the product is so new.

I have read the recommendations that Gliss needs a clean surface and the using Essences might not work well but I wonder why. If Essence is made to work and be a primer for CQ I don’t see why it wouldn’t do the same for Gliss. So if anyone has the science behind it I am open.

What if I use Essence then give it 12hr cure time then apply Gliss the next day?
    I would think you would want to clean up the paint some with a nice polish to bring out that gloss and remove any marring followed with a nice re-coat of UK to add the hardness of the coating that Gliss will not provide. Then top it with Gliss 4 hours later.

I can't answer your questions as to why Gliss can not be put over Essence or Essence Plus.

Here are a couple videos which make sense about using it with Essence and Essence Plus

Post Thanks / Like

I found the videos very interesting and funny that I am having some of the same thoughts in my process and use of the product.

Truth be told our VW is 10 years old and approaching 200k. I am not sure I will be keeping the car for more than a year or so. It is starting to have issues and I just dropped $1,500 on the engine that I am being told may be a temporary patch as it is developing a minor oil leak that require a lot more work than it is work to fix as the engine would need to come out.

So I really want to keep the exterior look good as I always have but I don’t want to put a full coating on it. So the Essence and Gliss might be my perfect combo and a good test for the community as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoLust CarCare View Post
    I found that after buffing off gliss and heat to cure with IR.
    Sometimes it will have some hazy spot when panel was heated, but it is easy to buff off.
    If you dont cure with IR, those hazy spot will appear after few days and it will gone by simple buffing.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
    i hope what you say is true. i have a new car and coated with with quartz uk then gliss. on day one i did wash, iron-x then eraser, then h20/ipa wipe and then coated with quartz uk. waited 36 hours and inspected vehicle closely - zero haze. next i applied the gliss and waited several hours - no haze. after 24 hours inspected again and no haze. car wasn't driven for more than 48 hours after the gliss coat. fast forward 6 days and I've got haze everywhere. car did get wet on day 5 after gliss. i just applied some quick detailer and did light hand buff and at the moment the haze is gone. fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by styler View Post
    i hope what you say is true. i have a new car and coated with with quartz uk then gliss. on day one i did wash, iron-x then eraser, then h20/ipa wipe and then coated with quartz uk. waited 36 hours and inspected vehicle closely - zero haze. next i applied the gliss and waited several hours - no haze. after 24 hours inspected again and no haze. car wasn't driven for more than 48 hours after the gliss coat. fast forward 6 days and I've got haze everywhere. car did get wet on day 5 after gliss. i just applied some quick detailer and did light hand buff and at the moment the haze is gone. fingers crossed.
    It wont affect gliss performance anyway, dont worry mate lolz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast