Thread: Bug Out

Post Thanks / Like

Bug Out

I was finally able to test the new bug out on my car after a 400 mile round trip. I drove though a couple swarms of mosquitoes because the front of my white 4Runner was completely black in places. First I sprayed down the front with my high pressure hose and was able to break off most of it, but all the little specs that had bonded with the car were still there. I sprayed a couple test spots and let sit for a minute or so, then lightly rubbed with an applicator I had picked up. The bug guts immediately lifted from the coated surfaces, and washed off easy with the hose.

Great product from CarPro, and I appreciate the opportunity to try out a bottle! I highly recommend it to others.

2. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Certified Finest Installer DiamondDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    I was finally able to test the new bug out on my car after a 400 mile round trip. I drove though a couple swarms of mosquitoes because the front of my white 4Runner was completely black in places. First I sprayed down the front with my high pressure hose and was able to break off most of it, but all the little specs that had bonded with the car were still there. I sprayed a couple test spots and let sit for a minute or so, then lightly rubbed with an applicator I had picked up. The bug guts immediately lifted from the coated surfaces, and washed off easy with the hose.

Great product from CarPro, and I appreciate the opportunity to try out a bottle! I highly recommend it to others.
    Great to hear you're happy with the product!

-DD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I drove though a couple swarms of mosquitoes because the front of my white 4Runner was completely black in places.

I sprayed a couple test spots and let sit for a minute or so, then lightly rubbed with an applicator I had picked up.
    The bug guts immediately lifted from the coated surfaces, and washed off easy with the hose.
    Nice little review. Sounds like it worked great.
    (Pics would be good...oh well maybe next time)
    I wanna see..."white 4Runner was completely black in places"

What type of applicator did you use?

Here's the short "How-To" exerpt from the web store.

Shake well, Spray on insect remains,Wait 30 seconds ~ 2 minutes,
    Agitate as needed with Microfiber Madness towel. Repeat if needed.
    Remove and neutralize any residue with CarPro Ech2o or a Reset wash.

What I found interesting is not that the product works...that was a given...but
    "Remove and neutralize any residue with CarPro Ech2o or a Reset wash."
    What this means to me???

There is a lot of research, time and effort that goes into detailing chemicals.
    One of the big factors is pH level (Acid/Alkaline) and the pH strength.

A pH less than 7 is acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are alkaline.

pH 7 is the "Happy Place" so my guess is that a CarPro Ech2o/Reset wash neutralizes Bug Out residue to pH 7.
    To me this means that the pH level of the surface is returned to pH 7 by doing a CarPro Ech2o or a Reset wash.

I believe the the pH 7 neutralizing step is important with MANY detailing chemicals.
    Other examples would be Carpro Spotless, All Purpose Cleaner (APC) products and many others.

Factoid:
    Purple Power pH is 13.00
    Simple Green 9.54
    Megs APC diluted 10:1 still has a pH of 12

IIRC Diluting with water pH does not reduce the pH levels

5. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the link for the applicator: https://www.carpro-us.com/wash-mitts...bber-w-handle/

Sorry for the delayed review, I have been insanely busy and ship out for a living so I haven't been home in weeks. I will take pics next time for sure. I'll even tack onto this review with pics when I get home in late January. I did do a 2 bucket wash afterwards with Reset.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought some. Looking forward to using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried some a couple weeks ago, and it seemed to not want to come completely off with ech02 used as a QD. I backed my car out of the garage and just washed it with reset. I think it would work better before an actual wash, either rinseless or regular.