Thread: Ceriglass clean up

Post Thanks / Like

Ceriglass clean up

I finally used Ceriglass to clean up some having on my windows and a few minor water spots. Everything worked well with a DA and an orange Hydrotech pad. Now this may be a dumb question but is there any reason why I can just clean my towels and pads with the other ones and put them back into my normal rotation or do I forever need to keep them separate?

Certified Professional Installer nisensai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will be better to keep them separete, bocause ceriglass is much more agressive, then things you use on paint. Because glass is much harder.
    Even if you wash them, there can sill be some residue of ceriglass.

I'm using only green mf towels, with ceriglass, to recognise them every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will be fine. I tossed my towels that I used to remove ceriglass with my polishing towels and cleaned with with a microfiber detergent. No issues with the towels. Same with cleaning the pads the same way I clean my other pads. Althought these pads are dedicated glass polishing pads as I use them with a porter cable instead of the Rupes LHR15 MKII.

Certified Professional Installer nisensai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to know even on some very delicate paint, no problem with these microfibers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You will be fine. I tossed my towels that I used to remove ceriglass with my polishing towels and cleaned with with a microfiber detergent. No issues with the towels. Same with cleaning the pads the same way I clean my other pads. Althought these pads are dedicated glass polishing pads as I use them with a porter cable instead of the Rupes LHR15 MKII.
    Thank you! WRT your pads did you choose to dedicate them to glass polishing out of convenience or out of caution?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinyrex View Post
    Thank you! WRT your pads did you choose to dedicate them to glass polishing out of convenience or out of caution?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Convenience. I use my porter cable and the pads I have are for that. I prefer the smaller orbit if it compared to my Rupes 15 mark 2.