Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Tapatalk

Has something changed recently that affects Tapatalk functionality with the forum? If so, is this permanent? I cannot log in here but can still use the other forums I had in the app. I get a network error. The browser version is barely functional for me on my phone but it does work. I fat finger it and get frustrated so I'm looking for a better option if Tapatalk won't work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Has something changed recently that affects Tapatalk functionality with the forum?
    If so, is this permanent?
    I cannot log in here but can still use the other forums I had in the app. I get a network error.
    The browser version is barely functional for me on my phone but it does work.
    I fat finger it and get frustrated so I'm looking for a better option if Tapatalk won't work.
    YES it has, you may wish to check your Tapatalk forum setting URL path on your phone.
    The forum is now HTTPS. See Thread -> https://carproforum.com/showthread.p...xcuse-our-dust

It was HTTP.
    The new setting is HTTPS://Carproforum.com When you change this setting you should be fine.

I know Corey made the setting change from HTTP to HTTPS on the backend Tapatalk administration site.
    In theory, when Corey made the backend change on the Tapatalk administration site it should replicate down.
    This means that when he made the change on the backend it should send the updated info to your phone app.
    Depending on your Tapatalk configuration you may need to manually modify this setting on your personal phone.
    _________

A little help from the Carproforum.com community...If you use Tapatalk and it is working please reply in this thread.

"Tapatalk works for me"

Feedback from the Carproforum.com community folks is greatly appreciated to help isolate and identify this challenge.

If there was something "special" you needed to do to reconfigure tapatalk from HTTP to HTTPS please share your process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tapatalk works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thought...inside Tapatalk remove and reload Carproforum. This should install the new settings automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Tapatalk work for me.

Using my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm finally in with Tapatalk. It is due to changes to the site but it is an issue with Tapatalk. I went to the support section and found a recent thread with many android users experiencing the same issue with other forums. The support staff had posted a Dropbox link for a beta version. I tried it, it works, I'm good.

It has something to do with https forums and I don't know much more than that.

No word on when it will be released to the Play store.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Testing Tapatalk
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I'm finally in with Tapatalk. It is due to changes to the site but it is an issue with Tapatalk. I went to the support section and found a recent thread with many android users experiencing the same issue with other forums. The support staff had posted a Dropbox link for a beta version. I tried it, it works, I'm good.

It has something to do with https forums and I don't know much more than that.

No word on when it will be released to the Play store.

Good job! Way to troubleshoot the issue.
    Thanks for passing the info on to the forum community!

Sounds like it is a Tapatalk Android specific HTTPS coding.

Again, Thanks for sharing the resolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to let others that may be experiencing this issue. The beta version has plenty of bugs. It is very slow loading threads and many just don't load at all. Just to post this, I had to wait 3 mins for the thread to load. Many threads I just give up on. I would not suggest trying the beta unless you really need to. CarPro is really the only forum use with Tapatalk so it didn't hurt me to try it out. A browser may be the best bet until Tapatalk releases a stable version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up on the Android client disposition.

It's really sad to know that a company releases an update that has bugs and issues.
    I guess it's no surprise though...Microsoft has done it for years. (sigh)
    I just wanted to let you know I use iPad and iPhone and have not had any problems.
    Please keep us updated on the progress Tapatalk is making with the Android app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast