Thread: Dedicated Foam Gun Wash

Post Thanks / Like

Dedicated Foam Gun Wash

Anyone have a dedicated go to product for the foam gun?
    I have no problem spending a few dollars on a quality wash product but I have a hard time putting it in the foam gun!
    Thoughts please and thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Anyone have a dedicated go to product for the foam gun?
    I have no problem spending a few dollars on a quality wash product but I have a hard time putting it in the foam gun!
    Thoughts please and thanks in advance.
    Autobrite Magifoam from the UK. Anything other than a dedicated snow foam is simply foamy car wash. I buy 10L at a time and working directly with Jill at ABUK makes the shipping not quite as painful as a root canal. Corey can comment on the reformulated snow soap from CP, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. The only alternative I find even remotely close here in the US would be a heavy concentration of Meg's Hyper-Wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been a foam gun type guy but IXSS works great with it - Brandon over at EAS uses this method regularly.

Post Thanks / Like
    IXSS is my favorite soap to use with the CarPro foam cannon and foams really nice.

Certified Finest Installer Detail2Correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I've never been a foam gun type guy but IXSS works great with it - Brandon over at EAS uses this method regularly.
    Agreed it does work great in a foam gun. One question I have is since it's such a heavy duty cleaner(a lot of people including myself)use it for a pre wash before paint correction and another prior to coating, wouldn't it take off any LSP's? If the car is coated it's not a concern, but to use on a car with wax or sealant wouldn't be a good idea unless you are planning on adding another layer of LSP.

Am I correct in thinking this?
    Detail 2 Correction
    Professional paint correction, detailing and coatings

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail2Correction View Post
    Agreed it does work great in a foam gun. One question I have is since it's such a heavy duty cleaner(a lot of people including myself)use it for a pre wash before paint correction and another prior to coating, wouldn't it take off any LSP's? If the car is coated it's not a concern, but to use on a car with wax or sealant wouldn't be a good idea unless you are planning on adding another layer of LSP.

Am I correct in thinking this?
    Yes, your right on bud! It will degrade older tech like sealants and waxes. It shouldn't affect hydro2 or reload though.

Certified Finest Installer Detail2Correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yes, your right on bud! It will degrade older tech like sealants and waxes. It shouldn't affect hydro2 or reload though.
    That I was not aware of. Thanks for the reply!
    Detail 2 Correction
    Professional paint correction, detailing and coatings