Thread: How many microsuede applicators do I need?

Post Thanks / Like

How many microsuede applicators do I need?

Will the supplied 5 microsuede applicators be enough for a honda accord sedan? Also with the new 3.0 UK, I ordered a 10 pack of microsuede 16x16 to use for buffing off the product but I've heard that people use microfiber towels instead, is this true? I do have 2 16x16 carpro edgeless lintfree microfiber towels if those work better but will 2 be enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

I would definitely recommend picking up some low nap microfiber towels. They work much better than the suede towels to remove and level out the coating.

Those lint free towels are nice. I would consider picking up a few more. Two towels would be ok. One towel for the initial removal and the second for a final buff.

Hard to say when to change out your applicator. Ever couple panels would be a good idea. You can also cut the 16x16 suede's and make yourself some applicators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostly I can do half a car then flip the mf applicator over for the second half.
    So basically, (as a rule) I use two of the mf suede squares per vehicle.

MF towels - I use "at least" 2 CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16" per vehicle.

I use the short nap side for removal wipe and then follow with the long nap side.
    This short nap side removes the coating (when it's ready to be removed)
    The long nap side removes any "high spots" after the short nap side removal.

My Rule: I throw away towels I use for coating removal. Why do you do that?
    It is not worth the risk to use a towel that may have hardened coating in it.

My Process: I use Carpro Orange towels for compound, polish and Quick Detail.
    I use the CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16" - Blue for coating removal.
    This towel color coding allows me to differentiate cleaning from coating towels.
    Blue towels get thrown away after they are used to remove a coating.

Can the blue towels be reused? Maybe, if they are immediately soaked in APC etc.
    For me, it's not worth the risk to reuse towels that were used to remove a coating.