Thread: Partners Who Are Unsupportive Of Car Hobbies?

Post Thanks / Like

Partners Who Are Unsupportive Of Car Hobbies?

I'm not sure if this is something common for you guys, but does anyone have partners who aren't supportive of their car hobbies?

My partner and I connect well on all aspects except for this, and she constantly complains that I'm too into my hobby that I end up not spending enough time with her. She recently even decided that we needed a break to figure out what's important to each other, and won't talk to me now. I don't know what I should be doing next at this point. I really want her back but I don't want to give up my hobby for it since it's not a particularly toxic habit like binge drinking or taking drugs. I know most people would tell me to leave her since she's unsupportive of my likes, but like I say, we connect extremely well on all other aspects emotionally wise, except for this so I really do want her back. Opinions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamix View Post
    I'm not sure if this is something common for you guys, but does anyone have partners who aren't supportive of their car hobbies?

My partner and I connect well on all aspects except for this, and she constantly complains that I'm too into my hobby that I end up not spending enough time with her.
    She recently even decided that we needed a break to figure out what's important to each other, and won't talk to me now.

I don't know what I should be doing next at this point. I really want her back but I don't want to give up my hobby for it since it's not a particularly toxic habit like binge drinking or taking drugs.

I know most people would tell me to leave her since she's unsupportive of my likes, but like I say, we connect extremely well on all other aspects emotionally wise, except for this so I really do want her back. Opinions?
    Sadly, I'm not qualified to give love life advice...I'm currently on my third wife.
    However, this third marriage is now going on 25 years and I hope many more.

She has never complained or tried to stop from pursuing any of my interests.
    (I'm pretty sure lots of drinking, bad drugs and wild women are not on the list)

Her current hobby is orchids. She is constantly digging in the dirt and watering.
    Occasionally she asks me to come look and smell one that is currently blooming.
    She is proud of them...just like I am when I'm finished jeweling and paint sparkles.

I'll look and smell and say that's pretty but I don't know one orchid from another.
    If it is not an problem/issue, she likes it, and it makes her happy then I am fine with it.

Although, as with any hobby there needs to be a balance of me time and hobby time.
    On the other hand, pulling a power play and "won't talk to me now" is not a kewl move.
    Again, like I said I'm not one for giving love life advice...I'm currently on my third wife.