Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slick topping?

Post Thanks / Like

Slick topping?

I now have a CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 prepped car.
    What I also would like is the slickness that CQuartz don't provide.

I've used Reload in the past, but find it a but hard to work with.
    Merlin Elixir works quite well, but then I need to buy more Reload.

Gliss to me is like puting another coat on the car, and is to me a bit expensive for what it provide.

Some people are using Ech2o as a drying aid, could that be a good topping?

What else are you using? Matt on Obsessed Garage were trying BeadMaker and that seems to work on both wax and sealants...have anyone else tried it?

2. Thanks fgrm1979 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something I'm notorious for is cashing in on is the Free Sample your choice with orders over $50.00 (I like getting FREE stuff)
    On one order I get a Reload sample and on the next order, I'll get an ECH2o sample. Then I have the two sample sizes to give to the client at pickup.

If you're looking for slick, quick and easy I suggest Merlin's Majic Elixer. Even a small bottle of Reload will last a long time with the elixer mixture.
    I use 50ml/2oz- Reload and 50ml/2oz- ECH2o then fill the rest of the CarPro 500ml Empty Spray Bottle with distilled water.
    I like the fact that both products are water-based and play well with each other. I also like the fact they are concentrated. I hate paying to ship water.

Now if you want extra slick and hydrophobic. I've heard of folks doing 1 part 50ml/2oz- ECH2o and 2 parts 100ml/4oz- Reload and then fill the bottle with water.
    This offers even greater slickness and hydrophobicity and it's still easy to wipe on/wipe off with no streaking. Bang for the buck this is an excellent mixture!
    I'm a big fan of using Merlin's Majic Elixer on a freshly coated vehicle (after 48 hour cure time) because inevitably the client will "feel" the paint for slickness.

Here is another tweak to the elixir formula:
    "Tweaked the Elixir slightly different, for better water beading effect. Ech20 100ml, reload 200ml, distilled water 500ml."

4. Thanks fgrm1979 thanked this post
    Likes The Guz, dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you even tried Gliss?

Merlin will lead you down the right path.

Here is the thing with bead maker. It will mask the properties and benefits of the coating. Meaning you will lose out on the self cleaning effect of CQUK 3.0. EcH2O doesn't mask it and will leave the surface initially slick. It's a fantastic drying aid.

6. Thanks fgrm1979 thanked this post
    Likes Iceman82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Here is the thing with bead maker. It will mask the properties and benefits of the coating. Meaning you will lose out on the self cleaning effect of CQUK 3.0. EcH2O doesn't mask it and will leave the surface initially slick. It's a fantastic drying aid.
    No sorry, I haven't tried Gliss. I'm looking for something else...not a new coating but something a bit easier to work with. Merlin Elixir or Ech2o might be it then, and something I'll use after the first wash.

When Ech2o is used as a drying aid...how do you usually mix it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manor View Post
    No sorry, I haven't tried Gliss. I'm looking for something else...not a new coating but something a bit easier to work with. Merlin Elixir or Ech2o might be it then, and something I'll use after the first wash.

When Ech2o is used as a drying aid...how do you usually mix it?
    I mix it at 1:20 which is a detail spray mixture. Works every time.

I would still recommend giving Gliss a go sometime. It works good with CQUK 3.0 and add slickness to the tacky feeling of it. The good thing is CQUK 3.0 is less tacky than CQUK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Gliss need to be applied immediately after CQUK 3.0 coating? Or can it be done later (a few days or a week after coating) if I don't like the tacky feel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bojo View Post
    Does Gliss need to be applied immediately after CQUK 3.0 coating? Or can it be done later (a few days or a week after coating) if I don't like the tacky feel?
    If applying within the same day it is recommended to allow at least 4 hours after the last coat of CQUK or TiO2. It can also be applied a few days later. Be sure to not apply reload or Ech20 during that time or that will have to be chemically removed from the surface.

11. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks... So if a few days later after last coat (no Reload), just a wash with Reset and then apply? Would I hit it with Eraser before applying Gliss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bojo View Post
    Thanks... So if a few days later after last coat (no Reload), just a wash with Reset and then apply? Would I hit it with Eraser before applying Gliss?
    You can apply Gliss even months after applying CQuartz but if you car has been polished then it would be a good idea to apply Gliss now. You should wash you car with reset, correct any paint defect, use eraser to have the paint ready and then apply Gliss.

I would also use Merlins qd as he mentioned as a way to protect and provide slickness to your car after every wash. A bottle of 32oz should last a long time.
    CQuartz UK3 Ceramic Coating | Gliss Top Coat
    Facebook | Instagram

14. Likes Sky's the Limit Car Care liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

I have always been told that its recommended to use the same line of products to maintain the paint specially when its ceramic coated. That why the best you can use to maintain your CQuartz coating is to use reset/ech2o to wash your ride and Merlins reload/ech2o/distilled water mix as a quick detailer after every wash.

What you said is a good recommendation to avoid affecting the coating properties.
    CQuartz UK3 Ceramic Coating | Gliss Top Coat
    Facebook | Instagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast