Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dman68 View Post
    Thanks Guz, a lot of hard work went into getting it that far. It was really swirled-up from the dealer. The Meg's products have performed excellent but I want more and with less upkeep. I have the CQUK 3.0 and maintenance products already and will be applying it most likely in September. Trying to learn all I can about the CarPro line prior to doing so.

As for the Essence and Eraser, i've pretty much decided that's the way to go according to my research of the product. I'm an old-school guy and quite cautious at my age as well as a bit OCD.
    The Meguiar's ultimate line is a good starting point and they offer good results as you have seen. Essence is a definite step up. The test spot will tell you how the paint will react but the end results speak for themselves as you should notice more gloss with Essence.

If you have the time, I would recommend letting Essence sit overnight after wipe off to let the SiO2 in it cure some. It will allow a majority of the polishing oils to evaporate off the surface. Then follow up with a light Eraser wipe down to remove any renaming residue and you are good to coat.

[QUOTE=dman68;21037
    Without starting a new thread, I have a few questions regarding maintenance products.......

1...As I said, I already have the necessary CarPro products but also a bit of Meguiar's also. Can Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer be used in any way with the CQ?

[/QUOTE]

Just be aware that ultimate quick detailer leaves it's own hydrophobic properties behind as it is a polymer detail spray. It will mask a little of the coatings behavior. Can't tell you how long it will last and if the coatings self cleaning effect will not make it bond for too long.

2...I have Reset but will Meg's Gold Class Soap play well with the CQ?
    I stopped using Gold Class long ago. It is a fine shampoo. One thing I noticed with it is that it can affect the hydrophobic properties of any protection. I noticed this when I was using sealants. It would mask the beading and sheeting due to the conditioners. Once I used it up I never went back to it and moved on to Meguiar's Hyper Wash and Reset.

3...Can any Meg's product perform the same function as CarPro's Spotless? This I do not have as of yet.
    Some have claimed that wheel brightener works well on coated paint if water spots develop. You then have to ask yourself if you need a gallon or 16 oz bottle. I personally have never had any water spot issues with any coating I have used.

2. Thanks dman68 thanked this post
    Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bojo! Looks like we are in the same boat with planning the last detail.
    Yes... and having also turned the corner to 60 years old, like you, I am looking for a solution to make maintenance/detailing easier!

4. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bojo View Post
    Yes... and having also turned the corner to 60 years old, like you, I am looking for a solution to make maintenance/detailing easier!

I have always enjoyed detailing my vehicles (at least I thought I was detailing them) until I retired this year and found out I had been doing it all wrong for soooooooo long. The mistake I made (but a good one) was getting involved in a few of these car care forums and after thinking I could possibly make my vehicle shine the way many others had, I attempted my first major detail and was surprisingly pleased with the outcome. I was hooked!! I really enjoy the process but want more with less maintenance.

So far, the guys on here have been extremely helpful in getting the info to me that I need to make the transition to ceramics. No questions I have had, have gone unanswered and i'm sure i'll have many more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123