Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Good looking Malibu you have there. This body style is a definite upgrade than the previous generation.

I will say to give Essence a go as a test spot. It will amp up the gloss even more and have less oils than Ultimate Polish.

I would still recommend an Eraser wipe when using Essence prior to coating the paint.
    Thanks Guz, a lot of hard work went into getting it that far. It was really swirled-up from the dealer. The Meg's products have performed excellent but I want more and with less upkeep. I have the CQUK 3.0 and maintenance products already and will be applying it most likely in September. Trying to learn all I can about the CarPro line prior to doing so.

As for the Essence and Eraser, i've pretty much decided that's the way to go according to my research of the product. I'm an old-school guy and quite cautious at my age as well as a bit OCD.

Without starting a new thread, I have a few questions regarding maintenance products.......

1...As I said, I already have the necessary CarPro products but also a bit of Meguiar's also. Can Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer be used in any way with the CQ?

2...I have Reset but will Meg's Gold Class Soap play well with the CQ?

3...Can any Meg's product perform the same function as CarPro's Spotless? This I do not have as of yet.
    Last edited by dman68; 08-10-2018 at 05:07 AM.

2. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. You can use the Megs Q.D. with UK. With that said, I would wait before using it on the coating, allowing the coating to fully cure. Just not sure if it has anything “extra” in it.
    I’m sure the others can answer that better than me.
    You mentioned having other Car Pro products, have you tried Echo 2 yet as a q.d.?

2. Yes but no soap on the coating until 7 days. Try to avoid soaps with waxes. Sometimes those additives may interfere with the coatings characteristics. You can use soaps with waxes but the coating kicks butt!
    Using Reload or Hydro 2, or Merlin’s Magic Elixir is a different story...

3. That I cannot answer. I use Spotless so I’ll defer to the others here...
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

4. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    1. You can use the Megs Q.D. with UK. With that said, I would wait before using it on the coating, allowing the coating to fully cure. Just not sure if it has anything “extra” in it.
    I’m sure the others can answer that better than me.
    You mentioned having other Car Pro products, have you tried Echo 2 yet as a q.d.?

2. Yes but no soap on the coating until 7 days. Try to avoid soaps with waxes. Sometimes those additives may interfere with the coatings characteristics. You can use soaps with waxes but the coating kicks butt!
    Using Reload or Hydro 2, or Merlin’s Magic Elixir is a different story...

3. That I cannot answer. I use Spotless so I’ll defer to the others here...
    Thanks I just didn't want to let the Meg's Detailer go to waste. I have ECH20 on order and will give Merlin's Elixir a shot, as I was reading about it in another thread.

As for the Meg's Gold Class soap, i'm not 100% sure if it has any waxes in it but no biggie as I have Reset.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you looking to accomplish with Spotless?

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not 100% on Megs Gold class but it may be a “wash and wax” in one.
    I’d stick with Reset for washing. They are made to work together.

8. Thanks dman68 thanked this post
    Likes dman68 liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dman68 View Post
    Thanks Guz, a lot of hard work went into getting it that far. It was really swirled-up from the dealer. The Meg's products have performed excellent but I want more and with less upkeep. I have the CQUK 3.0 and maintenance products already and will be applying it most likely in September. Trying to learn all I can about the CarPro line prior to doing so.

As for the Essence and Eraser, i've pretty much decided that's the way to go according to my research of the product. I'm an old-school guy and quite cautious at my age as well as a bit OCD.

Without starting a new thread, I have a few questions regarding maintenance products.......

1...As I said, I already have the necessary CarPro products but also a bit of Meguiar's also. Can Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer be used in any way with the CQ?

2...I have Reset but will Meg's Gold Class Soap play well with the CQ?

3...Can any Meg's product perform the same function as CarPro's Spotless? This I do not have as of yet.

In reference to question 2, if it’s the Megs G7164, it says it has “conditioners” in it. I would be hesitant then.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

10. Thanks dman68 thanked this post
    Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Merlin, nothing with Spotless at the moment but looking to the future when I may have to use it. Since i'm gonna be switching to the Ceramic coating, I have a number of Meg's products that may go to waste if they cannot be used in any other fashion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    In reference to question 2, if it’s the Megs G7164, it says it has “conditioners” in it. I would be hesitant then.
    Yep, that's it. I'll just dedicate it to wheel soap then.

Thanks guys

13. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good info in this thread. I am also looking to coat my car using CQUK 3.0 in a few months once the weather cools. My current products are mostly Meg's as well, including a gallon of Megs Gold Class that I just got a month ago.

Looking to take advantage of the coating and the lower maintenance it might offer. Probably one more detail on my 2018 Accord, topping off with Meg's 2.0 Tech Wax, then will try CQUK 3.0 in the fall.

BTW dman68, your Malibu looks great!

15. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bojo View Post
    Good info in this thread. I am also looking to coat my car using CQUK 3.0 in a few months once the weather cools. My current products are mostly Meg's as well, including a gallon of Megs Gold Class that I just got a month ago.

Looking to take advantage of the coating and the lower maintenance it might offer. Probably one more detail on my 2018 Accord, topping off with Meg's 2.0 Tech Wax, then will try CQUK 3.0 in the fall.

BTW dman68, your Malibu looks great!

Thanks bojo! Looks like we are in the same boat with planning the last detail.

17. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast