Thread: Two Grit Guards one Bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Two Grit Guards one Bucket

Just watched a video comparing the use of one and two grit guards, pretty impressive. Anyone use two guards in one bucket?
    Thoughts please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I find the video? I have considered using 2 grit guards but thought it would've been overboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are talking about this one:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Just watched a video comparing the use of one and two grit guards, pretty impressive. Anyone use two guards in one bucket?
    Thoughts please!
    I do not, I do however usually use only one bucket with a GG. INSTEAD I rinse my mitt thoroughly with the hose after every panel before placing back in bucket (assuming the car is polished already)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thoughts please!
    I use two in all my buckets after I washed the video a while back.

Certified Finest Installer Dr_Pain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a 2 bucket technique both with a GG. I do also use 2 wash mitts. I lather up mitt #1 in the WASH bucket, wash the panel, agitate in the RINSE bucket using the GG, and let it settle. While mitt #1 is resting, I use the mitt #2 to wash the next panel. I then gently remove wash mitt #1, wring it out (outside of the bucket), and dunk it in the WASH bucket and agitate (on the GG). I then let Mitt #1 settle as I rinse the mitt #2, and keep cycling that way. Let it be known that I ALWAYS power rinse the car before washing it, even if it only had minor dust. A definite overkill but in my opinion a step (and a couple of gallons well spent)

The video is pretty revealing as to the fluid dynamics, however may not be 100% accurate as far as the weight and floatation of the media that is removed from the panel.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using 2 per bucket for a few years now. It help the most due to being in a rural area and having lots of bonded dirt and road grime top have to deal with. I think its the most important in the rinse bucket but since I have them I use them in the wash bucket as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will often use two in the rinse bucket. Corey's method highlights the goal is to have a clean mitt so with the rinse bucket it takes more than just dipping in the rinse bucket and rubbing it against the grit guard. I will often squeeze the mitt to release excess soap before putting it in the rinse bucket. This will flush some of the dirt out of the mitt. Then there is another method to use a third bucket for a second rinse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before this post, I thought 2 GG's was like using 2 condoms, i.e., overkill! Never too old to learn!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Before this post, I thought 2 GG's was like using 2 condoms, i.e., overkill! Never too old to learn!
    I'll agree with this!