Issue: Ready to step into performing my first paint correction and applying Ceramic coating on my black 2021 Volvo XC40.

Question: What are my choices for a dual action polisher?

The only two I’m familiar with: Maxshine M8S 8mm/900W and Chemical Guys Random Orbital.

I’m a beginner for personal use about two times year. I can’t “break the bank” here which translates to a polisher around $130-$175.

Question: Microfiber or foam pads/discs? How many of each for compound and polishing?

Question: Which ceramic coating to consider? What are the significant differences between these products?

Question: How to care for ceramic coating summer through harsh winters?

I jumped into car detailing my Volvo this year and have the basics down up to paint correction. My homework has included YouTube tutorials {Pan the Organizer. Chemical Guys. Rag Company. Chicago Auto Pros.} covering: Wheel/tire cleaning {Break Buster}. Foam cannon {Adams Shampoo}. Drying Aids & Xtreme Solutions Topper.

Let me know if I’ve overlooked something in the paint correction process. Oh, I do need to perform the plastic baggy test on the surface on the Volve to determine if I need the compound phase.

~ Thanks ~