Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merlin's Majic Elixer - The secret formula divulged!

Post Thanks / Like

Merlin's Majic Elixer - The secret formula divulged!

Merlin's Majic Elixer - The secret formula revealed!

Years ago I learned about a "Majic" combination of a couple of Carpro products from a very wise alchemist.
    It has become known as "Merlin's Majic Elixer". I will now reveal the secret "Majic Elixer" formula on the forum.

The BASIC formula:
    In my case, I use 50ml/1.7oz of Reload and 50ml/1.7oz of ECH2o in a CarPro 500ml Empty Spray Bottle

I fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water (I love concentrated products. I hate paying to ship water)

The Chemistry...

ECH2o:
    Waterless Wash, High Gloss Detail Spray, Rinse-less Wash based on a SiO2, EcH2o safely cleans and glosses a variety of exterior surfaces with ease!

Reload:
    Reload packs the glass-like gloss, hydrophobicity, and dirt repellency of Silica Nanotechnology in a convenient spray-on, wipe-off sealant.

Combined Together...

It is now available as a bundle Gloss Lovers Kit* that includes 2 Microfiber Madness Crazy Piles 16" x 16" and a Microfiber Madness Slogger towel.

The Gloss Lovers Kit* includes "the amazing high gloss CarPro Reload nano sealant, CarPro Ech2o Waterless Wash & Quick Detailer,
    as well as critically acclaimed Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile towels and a Microfiber Madness Slogger for application of Reload!"

These can be used separately or combined using the "Merlin's Majic Elixer" formula above for a handy high gloss QD and sealant in one.

Folks that I have detailed their vehicle(s) always ask the question "How do I maintain the finish when I'm on the road?"
    So I supply them with a premade bottle of "Merlin's Majic Elixer" and a towel to keep in the car for those "moments" they need a touch-up.
    Last edited by Merlin; 08-19-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: added pictures

2. Thanks fdresq4 thanked this post
    Likes The Guz, fdresq4, dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Variations on the original formula I have heard...

Version 2:
    2 parts Reload 100ml, 1 part ECH2o 50ml

Version 3:
    1 part Reload 50ml, 1 part ECH2o 50ml and 1 part CarPro HydrO2 Concentrate 50ml

I personally have not tried these variations...If you have, please post your results.

Shameless plug...Please subscribe to my social channels
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AMiracleDetailing
    https://www.facebook.com/AMiracleDetailing
    https://twitter.com/AMiracleDetail
    https://plus.google.com/+AMiracleDetailing
    https://www.instagram.com/AMiracleDetailing
    Last edited by Merlin; 08-19-2018 at 04:04 PM.

4. Likes fdresq4, dman68 liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post

Version 2:

Version 3:

I personally have not tried these variations...If you have, please post your results.
    Thank you , Mike. I have shared this magical mixture of great products on the Tundra forum I belong to. It is a huge hit!

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

6. Thanks Merlin thanked this post
    Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great post. Lots of good information. It's gone viral on video as well on Pan The Organizer's channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post

Version 2:

Version 3:

8. Likes dman68, fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How often are you guys using the Elixir mix in conjunction with applying Reload by itself for maintenance? Hope the question makes sense.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The mix is nearly daily/weekly. Reload as a stand alone, depends on the situation but I can say nowhere near as much as the mix. Maybe every 3-6 months?
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

11. Thanks dman68 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dman68 View Post
    How often are you guys using the Elixir mix in conjunction with applying Reload by itself for maintenance? Hope the question makes sense.
    I have not used this mix nor do I use reload. I prefer to see the performance of the actual base layer coating. In my case CQUK 3.0 topped with Gliss. I only use EcH20 as a drying aid as a topper. I may test out one of these mixtures.

13. Thanks dman68 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have not used this mix nor do I use reload. I prefer to see the performance of the actual base layer coating.
    In my case CQUK 3.0 topped with Gliss. I only use EcH20 as a drying aid as a topper. I may test out one of these mixtures.
    A while back I (and a few others) had difficulty with Reload streaking and being a bit difficult/problematic to use.
    Since then (I believe) they tweaked the formula to not be as finicky or streaky. It is a much better product now.

What I like about the "Merlin's Majic Elixer" is that Reload and ECH2o are both weter based and play well together.
    Also, the concentration of Reload is not 100% and the finicky/streaking does not appear to exist with this formula.

I give a bottle of this to each client that I detail their car and they are able to spray and wipe with no challenges.

15. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys

17. Likes Sky's the Limit Car Care liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the Majic Elixir since it was first announced here by Merlin with great success. Never have I encountered any streaking and its longevity is quite good.

Kudos to the wizard that created this formula.

19. Likes dman68, Sky's the Limit Car Care liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast