Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Merlin's Majic Elixer - The secret formula divulged!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    A while back I (and a few others) had difficulty with Reload streaking and being a bit difficult/problematic to use.
    Since then (I believe) they tweaked the formula to not be as finicky or streaky. It is a much better product now.

What I like about the "Merlin's Majic Elixer" is that Reload and ECH2o are both weter based and play well together.
    Also, the concentration of Reload is not 100% and the finicky/streaking does not appear to exist with this formula.

I give a bottle of this to each client that I detail their car and they are able to spray and wipe with no challenges.
    You convinced me to try it out. My brother is coming by this afternoon for a maintenance wash and I have two solutions mixed up.

Ech2o + Reload for the paint and Ech2o + Reload + Hydro2 for the wheels. Will post my thoughts on both after using them.

2. Likes dman68, fgrm1979, Merlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Merlin's Majic Elixer - The secret formula divulged!

Hey guys - how’s the dust resistance of the famed elixir? I drive dirt roads everyday and the dust attraction to the cars painted surface is outa control. It’s almost like static...
    Last edited by Ebg18t; 08-30-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    Northern Vermont

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You convinced me to try it out. My brother is coming by this afternoon for a maintenance wash and I have two solutions mixed up.

Ech2o + Reload for the paint and Ech2o + Reload + Hydro2 for the wheels. Will post my thoughts on both after using them.
    Well? What are your thoughts?

5. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well? What are your thoughts?
    Well I let my brother give the Ech20/Reload mix a go and let him apply it. He seemed to have no issues and said it felt slick. Although from what I felt with the towel not a significant difference compared to Ech20 by itself in terms of slickness. The paint is silver so I could not tell if it streaked or not. Hard to tell if the gloss was increased as the paint has recently been polished and coated so it looks glossy after a wash.

I used the Ech20/Reload/Hydro2 mix as a drying on the wheels while he worked on the paint. I did notice that this mixture had a tendency to be streaky and required a second towel to buff off any excess.

On the glass I stuck with good old Ech20 as that works well with the coating and I don't want to introduce wiper chatter with say Reload.

7. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I decided to tweak Merlins Magic Elixer from 2oz Ech02 to 4oz and I have to say that it provides more gloss and is not streaky. Simply perfect!
    CQuartz UK3 Ceramic Coating | Gliss Top Coat
    Facebook | Instagram

9. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Variations on the original formula...

Version 2:
    2 parts Reload 100ml, 1 part ECH2o 50ml

Shameless plug...Please subscribe to my social channels
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AMiracleDetailing
    https://www.facebook.com/AMiracleDetailing
    https://twitter.com/AMiracleDetail
    https://plus.google.com/+AMiracleDetailing
    https://www.instagram.com/AMiracleDetailing

11. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must give this a try. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the latest mix here that folks are using. Seems to be a lot of possibilities but I want to try it and curious which mix folks think work bed AND whether or not adding HYDRO2 is still being done.

Post Thanks / Like
    When Elixir was announced at SEMA. I found out that Carpro had taken my original mixture and tweaked even further.

I really like the results of Elixir and the look and feel of the postmix off-the-shelf product. See -> Elixir has Landed!

Review -> CarPro Elixir Quick Detailer

15. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevinE View Post
    Whats the latest mix here that folks are using. Seems to be a lot of possibilities but I want to try it and curious which mix folks think work bed AND whether or not adding HYDRO2 is still being done.
    I'm currently using 3oz Reload/2oz EcH20 in 500ml bottle. I have tried adding 1oz of HydrO2 to the mix but found it made very little difference as my eyes see it. It was however, a bit harder to remove but not by much. I am sticking with the 3oz/2oz mix because it provides the gloss & slickness that's feels and looks right for my vehicle's dark blue velvet metallic paint.
    Cheers,
    Don

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast