Thread: Reload and Carnauba Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Reload and Carnauba Wax

Iím new to the forum. Iíve been looking into a Cquartz UK 3.0 coating in the near future. My question is until that time, can your use CarPro Essence and Reload by theirselves? And has anyone used a carnauba wax after this or can you not use carnauba wax after Reload has been applied?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

It is perfectly fine to use Reload and Essence together or by themselves. Just know that Essence is not that hydrophobic. Thus some tend to top with Reload, a wax or a sealant.

You can use a wax over Reload but you can continually use Reload until you are ready to coat.

3. Likes dman68, Ford Lane liked this post
    Administrator Sky's the Limit Car Care's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So a few things.
    1. if you are taking about Essence EXTREME, then yes, you can use it with reload, of course, just making sure you Eraser down the car to make sure no oils are going to prevent the reload from bonding.
    2. Wax can go on top of reload. But reload, cannot go on top of wax. This is the same issue as previous. the wax creates a layer on top of your paint that prevents the bonding agents of the reload from reaching your paint. This means that the reload wont ever bond correctly and you wont be able to have it stick to the vehicle.
    3. If you are talking about Essence PLUS then reload will stick on top of the product, but its recommended to wait about a day or the reload may not bond as well as it should on top of it.

Hope this helps.
    James Rogers
    Skyís the Limit Car Care

Store: www.CarPro-US.com
    e.James@CarPro-US.com
    p. 386-259-0759
    Instagram: @skycarcare
    Facebook: @skycarcare
    Forum:www.CarProForum.com

5. Thanks Ford Lane, fdresq4 thanked this post
    Likes The Guz, dman68, fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I purchased CarPro Essence: EXTREME Gloss Primer. If I understood correctly when I ordered it, it is used as the primer for Reload and CQuartz UK 3.0. I’m not at the point of doing the entire CQuartz coating but am almost there. I read that Reload could be used without CQuartz but couldn’t find any information about adding wax after Reload has been applied. Is it safe to say that once you add that layer of wax over Reload you will not be able to apply a second coating of Reload a month or 2 later? The only reason I’m on the fence is 1-I’ve never used Reload so I don’t know how it will look and 2-I do like the way carnauba wax looks. I appreciate the responses! If anyone has more input let me know.

7. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Administrator Sky's the Limit Car Care's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Lane View Post
    Yes. I purchased CarPro Essence: EXTREME Gloss Primer. If I understood correctly when I ordered it, it is used as the primer for Reload and CQuartz UK 3.0. Iím not at the point of doing the entire CQuartz coating but am almost there. I read that Reload could be used without CQuartz but couldnít find any information about adding wax after Reload has been applied. Is it safe to say that once you add that layer of wax over Reload you will not be able to apply a second coating of Reload a month or 2 later? The only reason Iím on the fence is 1-Iíve never used Reload so I donít know how it will look and 2-I do like the way carnauba wax looks. I appreciate the responses! If anyone has more input let me know.
    Understood! So You are correct. Essence extreme is a great primer to get some paint correction on you vehicle before you go ahead and apply the coating/ Reload. just make sure that after you use it, you use eraser to remove the excess oils and polish before you apply. Reload CAN be used without a ceramic coating and you can always add more on top of it at a later time. If you were to wax the vehicle with carnauba, and then wanted to add more reload on top of that you will have to take a few steps to ensure that the reload will actually stick to your paint, and you arent wasting prodcut.
    1. If the wax is no longer on the vehicle, the reload will be safe to apply.
    2 If the wax is still present, you will have to Iron x, and Tar X, the vehicle to remove the aspects of the wax that will prevent the reload from bonding.
    3. Side tip. If you have reload on your vehicle and then decide you want to go ahead and coat it with the Cquartz you will have to re-polish the vehicle with the essence to remove the previous reload.

I look around and see if I can find some photos of vehicles with reload on them and post some photos.
    James Rogers
    Skyís the Limit Car Care

Store: www.CarPro-US.com
    e.James@CarPro-US.com
    p. 386-259-0759
    Instagram: @skycarcare
    Facebook: @skycarcare
    Forum:www.CarProForum.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply!! That’s what information I needed. I will look forward to seeing some of the pics you find of Reload on the vehicle. Much appreciated!

10. Likes Sky's the Limit Car Care liked this post