Thread: Rupes LH19E Rotary review

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes LH19E Rotary review

So I had a chance to get to use this tool a few times and would like to give my thoughts on it!

First off, Whats in the box? You get the polisher, a loop handle and a 5 inch backing plate.

Now lets be honest here, the rotary polisher is certainly not a new tool and as far as the action.....it spins......simply put.

When you grab this tool, the first thing you notice is the 30 foot cord.......Ugghhh not my thing. I know some guys like the long cords. I personally do not and wish there was an option for different sizes like some other brand polishers offer. But not a deal breaker by any means.

Now the tool itself is extremely light. I mean like 3/4 of a pound(give or take) lighter than the Flex 14-2.

I prefer a stick handle which unfortunately did not come in the package. Thankfully the wonderful staff here has secured me one and it is on it's way. So I attached the loop handle to give it a try. This isn't a crappy loop handle. The handle has an amazing feel and is by far the nicest on the market. You can angle it to your preference and secure it with included bolts.

The ergonomics of this polisher are fantastic. Everything just flows and it is well thought out. If you prefer no stick handle or loop, the head of the polisher has a nice rubber coated area for you to hold on to. The speed control is great and you can feel the positive clicks as you adjust from speed to speed. There are the rubber bumpers that everyone likes from Rupes so you can set the polisher down while not in use.

The trigger on this rotary is simply amazing. It feels great when squeezing it. It has a rubber coated pad that allows you to grip with ease and provide anti slip operation. The progressive feature is awesome. You can feather this polisher down to about 20 RPM's if you really wanted to. To me that is such a huge benefit. When working is delicate areas or on edges, I like to really take it easy and this trigger allows for that. The trigger also allows you to keep the speed way low when spreading product or if you are just learning how to pick up a bead of product.

The RPM range is listed as 450-1700 with the trigger lock on. To me this is the perfect range for automotive detailing work. I would never go higher than that and the 450 is lower than most other polishers allowing you to jewel at that speed if you so desire.

Even tho this is a small polisher, it has plenty of power. I was using a 7.5 inch pad and had no issues with power or slowing....and I tried to slow it down.

When running at low speeds for extended periods of time, it is still very cool. Rupes nailed the air flow down really well I feel!

It is so compact and agile that it is great for precision work with smaller pads!

Operation is really smooth and unlike other polishers, there is no gear chatter. It is quiet altho I need to direct compare to other polishers like the Flex 14-2.

So as of right now I feel this is a fantastic rotary for detailing that I would recommend to both pros and beginners. It has quickly became my favorite. My only 2 complaint is the longer cord which I will most likely cut and I wish it included the stick handle.

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I have tons of hours on this machine now. It’s the rotary I reach for all the time. If you looking for you first rotary, or looking for a new one, this is it. I’m so happy with this. My flex has dust on it at this point and this is actually a better value.