Thread: softest towel

Post Thanks / Like

softest towel

used the ech20 and reload as a detailing spray/ was impressed. What is the softest towel you sell to buff the car after detailing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it "madness crazy"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sam north jersey View Post
    used the ech20 and reload as a detailing spray/ was impressed. What is the softest towel you sell to buff the car after detailing?
    How good is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the mix of of 1 oz ECH20 and 2 oz Reload with a few oz of water worked well; easy on, easy off. Left a bit of a haze on the windshield but after a few passes with the final buff it looks great. Remember, my car is plastic file coated ( front clip) and a ceramic wax everywhere else. I did a test patch on my wife's BMW with wax or film and it made quite a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite "softest towel" that Sky's The Limit sells is Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile.

My personal favorite is the Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile (16" x 16"). I like edgless.

Quote Originally Posted by fgrm1979
    I used the new Elixir over the next few weeks and my first impression was that I immediately felt more slickness compared to the 2oz ech20/reload mix. I have been applying them with the 2 face towels one with the short nap to apply it and the other one I use the long nap side. This combo works wonders because they dont lint. It smells like reload so I know theres some reload/silica in it.
    I have also found that CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16" towels work great for applying EliXir.
    I would get at least 1) orange and 1) blue for that purpose. Elixir has landed! <- See Thread

My observations from using the production EliXir...
    They both have a similar “look” and apply/remove properties.
    The first thing I noticed was EliXir smelled better.
    The second (oddly enough) was EliXir felt slicker.
    Durability A vs. B...it is still TBD...too early to tell.

My first impression is that EliXir is improved over the manual mixture.

6. Likes fgrm1979 liked this post