Thread: Gliss PM received

Post Thanks / Like

Gliss PM received

I am going to pull out a page from Mike Phillips as he does this on Autogeek. I received this message through a PM and thought it would be good for others to chime in.

Hey Guz. Thanks for sharing all you do. It appears that you, like me, are a user of many CarPro products. I wanted to pick you brain on Glass. Have you used it much? What are your thoughts? Worth it?

I as that because i decided to throw a coat on a car for the first time this week. I did all he right steps and prep using Essence Extreme to polish, then 2 coats of TiO2 then a goat of gliss.

I am a big fan of CarPro but I don't see much of a difference using Glass vs just the TiO2. Maybe it hasn't cured fully or perhaps its more notable with water but to the touch and with a lint free MF towel, there doesn't appear to be a noticeable difference.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    I have only used Gliss V1. But I can say that it has held up nicely on my personal car over the course of 8 months thus far. The slickness is still there compared to the areas that I left coated but not topped. The slickness of Gliss is more noticeable when used over UK than over TiO2. I found that Gliss tended to be a tad slicker than TiO2.

The question about whether or not it is worth it, well I would say for each person to try it out and make that determination. I enjoyed using it and would use it again for that increased slickness especially when using CQUK.

Feel free to chime in with your own experiences with using Gliss

2. Likes budgetplan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gliss PM received

That was my PM. I finished the Hellcat. It was decontaminated with IronX, clay bar then corrected with FastCut and polished with Essence Extreme and 2 coats of TiO2. I wanted to test Gliss since it was the first time using it. I did the whole car with a top coat of Gliss leaving only the driver side half of the hood uncoated with Gliss. Once cured, I rolled it outside for a water test. Look at the response, I think the Gliss on top of TiO2 had very marginal improvement. In fact, it was hard to tell any difference. Perhaps it works better on the more tacky UK version but i really don't think Gliss is necessary on top of TiO2.
    Last edited by TrevinE; 03-30-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevinE View Post
    That was my PM. I finished the Hellcat. It was decontaminated with IronX, clay bar then corrected with FastCut and polished with Essence Extreme and 2 coats of TiO2. I wanted to test Gliss since it was the first time using it. I did the whole car with a top coat of Gliss leaving only the driver side half of the hood uncoated with Gliss. Once cured, I rolled it outside for a water test. Look at the response, I think the Gliss on top of TiO2 had very marginal improvement. In fact, it was hared to tell any difference. Perhaps it works better not more tacky UK version but i really don't think Gliss is necessary on top of TiO2.
    I was not going to put your name on the PM to make it a generic post lol.

You should not notice a different in water behavior. It retains the same contact angle and self cleaning characteristics.

The product description

At Sky's the Limit Car Care our recommendation for GLISS is as a primary entry level coating but some choose to use it as a top coat as well!

With GLISS, CarPro brought new advances in nanotechnology to bare and designed an all-new hyper-smooth, ultra-glossy, and easy to apply ceramic nano coating that excels as a top-coat for all CQuartz coatings! CarPro GLISS also increases resistance to, static buildup, dust retention, and many types of mineral and water stains!

Utilizing modified long chain carbon fluorine polymers and enhanced nano-technology, GLISS is an evolution in top-coat technology and the tactile feel one can achieve on a painted surface!

This incredible next-gen coating serves multiple purposes and even excels as a stand-alone paint protection and enhancement system with a HYPER slick surface that will make your jaw drop!
    If we look at the product description we see that that Gliss can be used as a stand alone and as a top coat. It is no secret that coatings are susceptible to water spots. Gliss is designed to protect the base layer coating from those water spots.

Some have mentioned an added gloss increase by adding Gliss on top. Well on light colors such as this white car, it is hard to tell whether or not that is noticeable.

Lets get back into the contact angle topic. Most like to use Reload as a maintenance product. Reload is indeed slick but form my personal experience it lacks in the self cleaning aspect and the water contact angle area compared to Gliss. Reload also lacks in the durability aspect as well. Good in the short term but Gliss is better in the long term. Gliss may lack a little slickness compared to Reload, Ech20 or Elixir but it's durability will be there. So Gliss would not need that monthly or weekly application of these other products to retain its slickness.

In the end it comes down to personal preference.

I personally like Gliss for what it is. Its slickness is definitely felt in comparison to CQUK, CQUK 3.0 and TiO2. Although it may not be significant over TiO2.

I have used Gliss as a top coat over both coatings and will say that V1 has done well in both occasions.

I try to update these threads as much as possible.

https://carproforum.com/showthread.p...K-3-0-Gliss-V1

https://carproforum.com/showthread.p...TiO2-and-Gliss