Thread: Review - CarPro Tire Swipe Applicators

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro Tire Swipe Applicators

Thank you Avi for sending this product along with a few other CarPro goodies for review.

Products:

CarPro Tire Swipe Applicators

https://www.carpro-us.com/latest-arr...licator-black/

Cost:
    $2.49 each

Product description

The new 2018 CarPro Tire swipe applicator features a handful of improvements! *The denser foam provides for easier penetration of dressing into the tire surface whilst the asymmetrical radius allows for use on a wide variety of tire profiles! * Nobody likes getting tire dressing on the rims or on their hands and the new CarPro Tire Swipe applicator avoids that mess completely! *Get your CarPro Tire Swipes today!

Features:
    • Form Fit Foam
    • Durability
    • Value
    • Steady grip handle

Specifications:

• Quantity included: 1
    • Length: 3.75"
    • Width: 1.57"
    • Depth: Lowest point - 2.50"* &* Highest point - 3.25"
    • Handle: Black
    • Applicator Side: Grey
    CarPro released this applicator in 2018.

The description is pretty straight forward with this tire applicator. It has a firm foam handle to prevent any tire dressing or protectant from getting on ones hands. The handle has the new CarPro logo imprinted on it for added aesthetics.

The foam applicator is cut to the shape of a tire to avoid from any tire product from getting onto the wheel.

The applicator applied the tire dressing evenly without any streaking. CarPro Perl at 1:1 was used in this particular case.

One thing to be aware of is that this applicator struggles on the raised areas such as getting tire dressing into the upper portion of the tire as seen in the photo.

The other thing is the applicator tends to apply product towards the center of the applicator and on the outer edge of the applicator. So the tire product will need to be worked in evenly.

For smoother tires they have no issues.

Overall these tire applicators work well and the best part no tire product all over the hands.

One thing I would recommend is to label the applicator with whatever tire product it is used with. It will become your dedicated tire applicator for that particular product.

Thanks for reading.

2. Likes Merlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What profile is that tire? I saw these and thought about ordering, but I always feel tire swipes are made for someone with a truck, or Jeep. I've started using one of the foam brushes used for painting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    What profile is that tire? I saw these and thought about ordering, but I always feel tire swipes are made for someone with a truck, or Jeep. I've started using one of the foam brushes used for painting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    They are either 245/45-19 or 245/45-20. Can’t recall as I don’t have the tires in front of me.

5. Thanks soloz2 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like these. Saw them by my local distributor. Going to try them myself soon.

7. Likes The Guz liked this post