Thread: Carpro-forte after Aquapel

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro-forte after Aquapel

Everyone,

Quick question: I just ordered carpro forte to try it out. Have Cquartz on my car and loved it, but i got tired of applying aquapel on windshield every 5 months. The thing is i still see beading on my windshield from last time i applied auqapel, so i was wondering if i should postpone application, or if there is a special cleaning of windows i need to do, or is there actually no concern whatsoever and i could apply FORTE in the coming weeks as spring shows its ugly face...

Thanks,

PS the car is a Tesla M3 and the glass is in perfect shape ( no scratches) as the car is new
    PPS also : Comments on what kind of results i should expect comapred to what i have seen using aquapel the last few years? More beading, similar? I assume it will last significantly longer, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Here are the directions from the product description page

Directions:

• Polish the glass
    • Clean surface free of polishing oil residue with CarPro Eraser
    • Pour a few drops over the supplied cotton pad
    • Apply in circular motion in an organized pattern across the glass and do not wipe off. It will flash nearly invisible as you apply.
    • On windshield: Repeat steps 3 and 4 (2 more times - 3 coats total) / On side windows skip this and move to next step
    • Using the same applicator (but no additional Forte) once again repeat step 4 buffing off any trace of residue until the surface is 100% transparent and clear.
    • For side windows only 1 layer is needed.
    • Keep surface dry for 4 hours with no wiper blades for 24 hours.

I have included the products that will aid you in getting the best performance from the coating. You may also want to consider claying the glass prior to polishing.

FYI Ceriglass can be used by hand and does not always have to be used to remove scratches.

https://www.carpro-us.com/glass/carp...olish-kit-5oz/

https://www.carpro-us.com/deep-clean...er-500ml-17oz/

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks. This does not answer my primary question though, i have still aquapel on the windows that is still somewhat effective, so i dont think clay bar will remove it. Is that an issue ?

I really do not want to have to polish my windows...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Here are the directions from the product description page

Directions:

• Polish the glass
    • Clean surface free of polishing oil residue with CarPro Eraser
    • Pour a few drops over the supplied cotton pad
    • Apply in circular motion in an organized pattern across the glass and do not wipe off. It will flash nearly invisible as you apply.
    • On windshield: Repeat steps 3 and 4 (2 more times - 3 coats total) / On side windows skip this and move to next step
    • Using the same applicator (but no additional Forte) once again repeat step 4 buffing off any trace of residue until the surface is 100% transparent and clear.
    • For side windows only 1 layer is needed.
    • Keep surface dry for 4 hours with no wiper blades for 24 hours.

I have included the products that will aid you in getting the best performance from the coating. You may also want to consider claying the glass prior to polishing.

FYI Ceriglass can be used by hand and does not always have to be used to remove scratches.

https://www.carpro-us.com/glass/carp...olish-kit-5oz/

https://www.carpro-us.com/deep-clean...er-500ml-17oz/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

But i dont really want to polish the windows, so is the fact there is still aquapel on it an issue ? I dont know if aquapel will come off with Eraser or not...

Post Thanks / Like
    Coatings need the proper prep to get the maximum performance of the product. The aquapel will prevent the coating from bonding to the glass and you won't get the longevity of it. Polishing will remove whatever is on the glass. Eraser is designed to remove polishing oils and not any existing product.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok thanks! I guess either i have to polish or wait until the actual aquapel wears off