Thread: Dog hair removal

Post Thanks / Like

Dog hair removal

After 2+ months lugging Daisy around Arizona in the truck, and now home in Maine, I need to attack the truck’s interior.
    My vacuum cleaner will barely touch the dog hair embedded in the carpet. So I think I need a good hand brush or similar.
    What brush works well for dog hair?
    (Obligatory Daisy picture from a couple of summers back)
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    There silicone style brushes specifically made for dog hair or those sticky clothing rollers. One trick I like to use is put on a nitrile glove, mist your favorite upholstery cleaner on the carpets or seats and wipe your gloved hand over the hair. Dry the glove after each pass and it should clump up the hair. Once your satisfied with the removal, you can either vacuum the hair or let it dry and then vacuum the hair. I like to let it dry it seems to clean up easier. This should work for your dog's hair. This method does not always work for short hair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I’ve ordered the brush and one of those pumice-type stones (which can scratch so will keep it away from trim) and will give it my best.

4. Likes Reflection 5-0, fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes those brushes work very well. Other times it's duck tape. I've tried the nitrile glove method and it works very well too! Then you can follow up with a good strong shop vac. It takes a multi-faceted approach!

GTO_04

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBetterley View Post
    Thanks! I’ve ordered the brush and one of those pumice-type stones (which can scratch so will keep it away from trim) and will give it my best.
    I have both in my tool box for pet hair. We have two Corgis and a Shetland Sheep Dog so we know hair...LOL!

I also have a steamer extractor that will work but certainly an expensive option.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailed the F250 interior and had the opportunity to test the dog hair removal.
    Warm dry and sunny day
    I first vacuumed the interior to remove the dust accumulated during 2 months in AZ. Any loose fur would get picked up by the shop vac, but not surprisingly, it accomplished little.
    I then tried the Furz-Off on one side of the floor, and the SM Arnold rubber brush on the other.
    Both worked well, but I preferred the rubber brush, which not only worked great but I didn’t need to worry about scratching plastic trim.
    2 thumbs up for the rubber brush.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/Fur-Zoff-0000.../dp/B003465G9M

Post Thanks / Like
    vacuuming helps