Thread: It's primer absolutely necessary?

Post Thanks / Like

It's primer absolutely necessary?

Hi folks!
    I'm about to apply uk 3.0 to my brand new car.
    I've already completed all the previous steps including minor swirls removed with menzerna 3500.

I just realized that i made a mistake ordering essence and instead i get essence plus, so now I don't have a primer.

Since I'm not in USA, re order essence will take some days and i can't just left the car stopped all those days, so by the day the essence arrives I will have to begin the whole process from zero.

It will be ok just to apply the coating without priming? Or priming before coating it's a must?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I got well over the 2yr claimed durability out of the original CQUK without using Essence primer since it wasn’t created when I applied CQUK. I would say you should be fine with out the primer.

The menzerna polishes are known to be extremely oily. I would make sure that you do multiple Eraser applications to make sure you remove all the polishing oils. This is where the Essence primer would have come in handy.

3. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I got well over the 2yr claimed durability out of the original CQUK without using Essence primer since it wasn’t created when I applied CQUK. I would say you should be fine with out the primer.

The menzerna polishes are known to be extremely oily. I would make sure that you do multiple Eraser applications to make sure you remove all the polishing oils. This is where the Essence primer would have come in handy.

^ I Agree!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep what they said! No primer necessary.
    The Devil is in the Details.