Thread: Oops - next time I’ll use the correct side of the NANOSKIN AUTOSCRUB sponge

Post Thanks / Like

Oops - next time I’ll use the correct side of the NANOSKIN AUTOSCRUB sponge

Prepping my new Mustang for Cquartz and decided to try the Autoscrub sponge instead of traditional clay. Seemed awfully easy, and the nice rubber gripper on the sponge was a nice touch. Paint was already in excellent shape.
    It wasn’t until I was cleaning the sponge that the thought occurred to me that it was too easy and maybe, just maybe, the rubber side wasn’t for gripping.
    Sure enough, looking at a YouTube video how to use, I notice the presenter using the rubber side on the car surface.
    In my defense, NANOSKIN doesn’t seem to tell you in the instructions which side to use, but in retrospect, it’s pretty obvious.
    No harm, though. Not sure if it’s worth redoing the clay step, as I have already done Ironx and Essence.

2. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBetterley View Post
    Prepping my new Mustang for Cquartz and decided to try the Autoscrub sponge instead of traditional clay.
    Seemed awfully easy, and the nice rubber gripper on the sponge was a nice touch. Paint was already in excellent shape.
    It wasn’t until I was cleaning the sponge that the thought occurred to me that it was too easy and maybe, just maybe, the rubber side wasn’t for gripping.
    Sure enough, looking at a YouTube video how to use, I notice the presenter using the rubber side on the car surface.
    In my defense, NANOSKIN doesn’t seem to tell you in the instructions which side to use, but in retrospect, it’s pretty obvious.
    No harm, though. Not sure if it’s worth redoing the clay step, as I have already done Ironx and Essence.
    Easy to test for contaminants...put your hand in a baggie (The baggie test), feel the paint.
    Can you fell grit? If so, I would suggest doing it again. (yepper, it's part of the learning process)
    I ONLY use the FINE grade version. Wipe lightly. Do not use pressure. Be sure and dilute Immolube 1:5+
    If you are using the towel (in the vid) be sure and use Immolube on the entire towel surface (keep it wet).

I prefer the Autoscrub mitt and Immolube (watch listen to the entire vid below)
    Feel and listen while you are using the Autoscrub Nanoskin. Rinse off the Nanoskin between panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks and will do
    Thanks especially for the baggy reminder

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone messes up sometimes. I still sling compound even though I remind myself not to everytime I touch the buffer.
    The Devil is in the Details.

6. Likes waynant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still prefer clay. I just can't seem to put it down an move on to a more "modern" product.