Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartzphene View Post
    Hi Guz, I've just applied CQ lite one layer last Saturday. Is it possible to apply the second coat? Any good advice? Thank you.
    As long as you did not top the first layer with anything else then I don't see an issue with applying a second coat a week later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guz, any updates for 3 months durability?

Post Thanks / Like
    I too finally had the chance to apply Lite. Using it on my personal vehicle it gave me the chance to do my own experiment. Because I often get calls from friends who want to try products and want to know what to do, I decided to play with the coating. I have had 2 people wanting to try this so I had to get my kit off the shelf and get my own truck done.

One thing I wanted to see is if a customer/friend improperly removed the the solvent and excess would they be able to easily remove it if left on. The answer is "no". Just like CQuartz it does not wipe off the next day. I had to re-polish the panel to remove the "high spots". For a more friendly coating, it stops being friendly if left on too long.

With the wipe on, wipe off I don't have to explain flash time. It seemed a little "sticky" when wiping off, but after a couple of light wipes it does get easier.

A week after doing my truck, I finally got to wash it. After polishing my the high spots, I intentionally did not re-apply to see what would happen. You can definitely see the difference. The test areas are on the doors and where the coating was polished, the water clings to the paint while the rest of the panel, the water falls off. The nice thing about this is I can show the difference to customers on my own vehicle and explain how not to apply the coating.

After getting the next customer's truck out of my garage, I plan on properly fixing the test spots and getting my truck the protection it deserves.

4. Thanks GTO_04 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update time. It has been 3 months since applying CQ Lite and CanCoat on my daily driver. No toppers have been used. Again this car sits outside 24/7 and is exposed to the Southern California sun. At 3 months both products are performing well. CQ Lite has tighter beading but other than that they are on par thus far. Next update will be at the 7 month mark.

6. Thanks Quartzphene, GTO_04 thanked this post
    Likes dman68, Quartzphene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way the description is written, what I'm about to ask appears to be true, but I want to make sure. If a cQuartz 3.0 coating is 8 months old, can Lite be applied after proper prep?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by touchless21 View Post
    The way the description is written, what I'm about to ask appears to be true, but I want to make sure. If a cQuartz 3.0 coating is 8 months old, can Lite be applied after proper prep?
    I don't see why not. A chemical decon wash followed by a prep wipe would be a good option to start with. Although 8 month CQUK 3.0 should still be holding up well on it's own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I don't see why not. A chemical decon wash followed by a prep wipe would be a good option to start with. Although 8 month CQUK 3.0 should still be holding up well on it's own.
    True. I was just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    This has become my favorite method to distribute the coating. Pull the stopper plug and use a pipette to distribute the coating.

Essence topped with Cquartz Lite sure does look good.

11. Likes N/A, Devzo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review, i watched your application video on Youtube a few times before applying C Quartz Lite.

Love the product, application was a breeze, the results -gloss enhancement and depth in colour is really insane!

13. Thanks The Guz thanked this post
    Likes Merlin, The Guz liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12