Thread: ‘19 VW GLI - What to use?

Post Thanks / Like

‘19 VW GLI - What to use?

Well the time finally came our old ‘09 VW Jetta finally bit the dust and we decided to go with a newer Jetta GLI. This time against my better judgement and suggestions my wife decided to go with Black. I was able to work a deal and get this ordered in and was sure that they didn’t wash or prep it other than pulling the plastics and doing their PPI.

Pictures is just for reference.

http://https://blogmedia.dealerfire.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/201/2019/02/2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-GLI-Deep-Black-Pearl_o.png

The car looks really sharp and truth be told I like it better in black than any of the other colors. But now comes that hard part. What to use on it? I quickly washed it and applied a coat of Sonax PNS and BSD to protect it though this spring pollen season. But long term I know I will apply a coating of some kind.

On her last car I used CQ Ti02 and CQUK at different times and got over 2 years on both and closer to 3.5-4 out of CQUK. Based on that I am considering an application of CQUK + CQ Ti02 in 2-3 layers of each. My thought is this combo would be creating the closest thing to CQ Pro that a “regular guy” could get.

So I come to my car care family to get some opinions and perspective. What say you?

I am am open to other options but these 2 are the highest on my list. I do get frustrated that I can’t get other “pro” coatings sine I have so much experience and great results using lots of other coatings. Maybe someone could get me CQ Pro or Finest. I would love to do the review and long term testing / follow ups on them. It seems a shame to me that there are such great coatings but no real reviews or follow ups on them to help detailers and customers understand what they can truly expect.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Gliss v1 back when it came out, and while it was nice initially I wasn’t thrilled with it longer term. I guess I kinda wrote of Gliss v2.

Is there anything that would get me closer to the looks and durability of CQ Pro or Finest in the consumer range even if I need to double up?

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’d use Purple Haze Pro or some RG Black Label!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I’d use Purple Haze Pro or some RG Black Label!

And I just used up all my PHP and my CG J97.....

5. Likes Dr Oldz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any benefit to using CQUK + Ti02 ?

I liked the durability and results of CQUK but I still remember that the look and metallic pop of Ti02 to be better. I still remember that my wife actually noticed and commented on the look even when the car was dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

‘19 VW GLI - What to use?

Prior to Cquk 3.0 and Gliss, this combo was often recommended. Corey recommended this to me as well in which it was stated that UK (2.0) cures harder faster to supply the strongest base and TiO2 provides a more stain resistance top coat.

CQUK 3.0 was reformulated to handle water spotting better. Of course Gliss does that as well.

Just some information for you to have.

If you enjoyed the look then I say go for it. If you have Essence give that a go as well. It will add to the look even more. Don't forget to post photos when you have it all done.

Only photo I could find when I did this black corvette

8. Likes Reflection 5-0 liked this post