Thread: Advice on maintenance for new user

Post Thanks / Like

Advice on maintenance for new user

I recently had CQuartz Pro applied to my 2014 Laguna Blue Corvette after paint correction. I also had the Cquartz interior coatings, Cquartz dlux ceramic coating on the wheels and Cquartz Forte glass coating on the glass. The detailer gave me a bottle of Reset Shampoo and a bottle of Perl. Since the car is garaged and not driven during the winter he did not feel it will need Reload for about a year. I searched the forum but what I am looking for is some quick advice on how to wash and maintain the shine for someone who is new to all this.

I waited about 8 days and then washed the car with the Reset using the two bucket method. I noticed the car seems to retain dust but thought that may just be the fact it is easier to notice the dust now.

My plan going forward is to purchase a foam cannon and start washing the car with that. I assume that the foam is sprayed on and then rinsed off and the car is then washed using the two bucket method. So, I guess what I am asking is what advice do you have for a new guy that will help me keep the shine without spending too much time since I don't have it. Some sort of plan I guess. Should I use Merlin's Magic Elixer?

Thanks, I have tried coming up with something researching the forum but there is a lot of information to try and learn at one time.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. The dust is normal. Your vehicle will still get dirty and dusty, the coating will make it easier to clean the dust.
    2. The 2 or 3 bucket method is always the preferred method to clean your vehicle. (the 3rd bucket is for wheels only)
    3. As far as the foaming method, it really depends on how dirty your car is and heat. If your removing dust, you can foam and use a clean microfiber sponge with soapy water after you foam. It kinda depends on how much time and effort you want to put into your car. You can foam, rinse, and foam again and then wash if you want extreme cleaning and minimal swirls. Of course Elixer is always a good follow up detail spray.

Most important....have fun.

3. Thanks streetglider thanked this post
    Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reply. I am going to look at the Magic Elixer again. I would like something to use between washes and when I am not at home to keep the dust off.

5. Likes Reflection 5-0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to the Two Bucket Wash Method.

I suggest...

2) Grit guards
    1) Merino Wool wash mitt
    1) Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy (25" x 17")
    1) CarPro Reset Car Wash
    1) Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile (16" x 16")
    1) CarPro Reload
    1) CarPro EliXir Quick Detailer

These would be my choice for the basics for maintenance.

The Crazy Pile towel and EliXir are to keep in your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I am going to look at the Magic Elixer again. I would like something to use between washes and when I am not at home to keep the dust off.
    You got some great advice. You probably won't need reload if you invest in Elixir. What I would add to your arsenal is Ech20. Very versatile product from a waterless wash, rinseless wash, drying aid and quick detailer. I find it does a better job of removing that light dust compared to Elixir. It just does not leave the protection that Elixir does.

https://www.carpro-us.com/quick-deta...-34oz-1-liter/

Post Thanks / Like
    I have everything but the Reload and the Elixir. I will order both of those items as well as the Ech20.