Thread: Removing Cquartz (Ti02) from Xpel Ultimate +

Post Thanks / Like

Question Removing Cquartz (Ti02) from Xpel Ultimate +

Hi all,

I have a spare bottle of Ti02 and Gliss; thinking of applying it to my car which is freshly wrapped in Xpel Ultimate +.

I know it's safe to coat Xpel (and ideally use Skin) and I'd like to use this bottle up... but couple of questions specific to ceramic over PPF that I can't find solid answers to:

1)Is it actually necessary to remove the old coating before reapplying a fresh coat? If so, what method other than light polishing will work to remove Qquartz Ti02?
    2) If so, does it still work if Gliss is applied over the CQuartz?

In other words, if I coat the entire car in Ti02 + Gliss (washed w/Reset and occasional Reload), what's the easiest but most effective way to re-coat when the time comes?

Thanks!
    Last edited by r1fast; 06-22-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone? Bueller?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r1fast View Post
    Hi all,

I have a spare bottle of Ti02 and Gliss; thinking of applying it to my car which is freshly wrapped in Xpel Ultimate +.

I know it's safe to coat Xpel (and ideally use Skin) and I'd like to use this bottle up... but couple of questions specific to ceramic over PPF that I can't find solid answers to:

1)Is it actually necessary to remove the old coating before reapplying a fresh coat? If so, what method other than light polishing will work to remove Qquartz Ti02?
    2) If so, does it still work if Gliss is applied over the CQuartz?

In other words, if I coat the entire car in Ti02 + Gliss (washed w/Reset and occasional Reload), what's the easiest but most effective way to re-coat when the time comes?

Thanks!
    Don't take my answers as gospel, but I will do my best. You are missing some information.
    1. I have to assume since your asking about removing an old coating the PPF is coating with something now.
    2. If the old coating is holding up I would wash, IronX, and polish. You may be able to skip the polish step if the surface is free from surface contaminates.
    3. Depending on how long the coating was applied(between 4 to 6 mths), you should be able to coat over it.
    4. Last;if the coating is getting to the end of its life and you can see this, I would prep, and polish and apply. I would also suggest Skin. I can see and huge difference with this product on PPF vs. Cquartz UK.

I hope this helps, but some the veterans here may chime it with better advice.