Thread: Advice requested on use of CarPro products on cQuartz Finest Reserve

Post Thanks / Like

Advice requested on use of CarPro products on cQuartz Finest Reserve

Hello,

I have just gifted my partner a Carpro cQuartz Finest Reserve ceramic coating on her new (demo) red 2017 Subaru BRZ. I am in Australia.

I have a range of CarPro car care products including Reset, Reload, Hydro2 Lite, Ech2o and Elixir. I plan to get Essence+ in the future. I have used these on my (non CarPro) ceramic coated car occasionally over the last 18 months, along with other maker’s products.
    My questions are:-

1) my detailer advised that Reset will “strip” previously applied waxes and sealants including Reload. I find this hard to accept and find very little to support it on the internet. Can forum members advise on the accuracy of this statement?

2) I’m confusing myself with all the product I’ve got. What do forum members recommend as options for using one or more of the products on the coating? Without, that is, masking the characteristics of the coating. I am thinking my priorities are (in approximate order of priority):-

a) protection for the new coating,
    b) hydrophobic behaviour and ease of cleaning especially of insect debris, tree sap, water spots etc
    c) gloss
    d) ease, low frequency and speed of application
    e) longevity

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thank you and regards,

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffK
    1) my detailer advised that Reset will “strip” previously applied waxes and sealants including Reload. I find this hard to accept and find very little to support it on the internet. Can forum members advise on the accuracy of this statement?

2) I’m confusing myself with all the product I’ve got. What do forum members recommend as options for using one or more of the products on the coating? Without, that is, masking the characteristics of the coating.

1) I've never heard of Reset stripping any existing Last Step Products (LSP) wax, sealant or ceramic coating???

CarPro Reset was formulated as the perfect partner to nanotechnology-based sealants and coatings, with cleaning properties tailored to their unique needs. Utilizing Intelligent pH Surfactants, Reset breaks down road grime and traffic films with the power of an alkaline cleaner, whilst being as gentle on the surface as a pH-neutral shampoo. Afterwards Reset quickly rinses free from the surface, leaving behind no soap residues or interfering silicones, and restoring the beading and dirt releasing properties (The ‘Hydrophobic Effect’) of the surface to help maintain its protection. Combined with excellent lubrication, a strong foaming action for improved dirt suspension, and a high dilution ratio, this makes for a highly effective and economical wash. At the same time, Reset is almost entirely based upon naturally occurring, organic ingredients, making it as safe for the environment and for the user as it is for the vehicle. If dirt is hiding the beauty of your car or motorcycle, then you know that it is time for a Reset!

Features & Specifications:

• Developed for use with all CarPro Nanotechnology Sealants and Coatings including Reload, Hydro2, and CQuartz.*
    • Intelligent pH Surfactants provide a strong cleaning and foaming action, whilst remaining mild and pH-Neutral (7) in use.
    • Derived almost entirely from natural, organic and biodegradable ingredients; free from the harsh sodium and lauryl sulfate derivatives found in many shampoo products.
    • 400~500:1 Dilution ratio allows for economical cleaning.
    • Excellent gliding lubrication and a wonderful fresh scent make for a safe, and enjoyable wash experience.

2) This is a simple flyer I give to my clients that explains the "Two Bucket Method" for maintenance washes.

a) I would suggest using EliXir as a Quick Detailer (QD) and keep it in the car with a quality microfiber towel.
    b) Use Reload every 2-4 months (in the shade on a clean/washed cool paint surface) as a ceramic coating booster.
    c) Use Iron X as a chemical deon approx every 6 months. Do NOT use a clay bar on a ceramic coated paint surface.

These are just my thoughts...I'm not a chemist or an expert on the Carpro product line.
    Anyone please feel free to chime in to help advise Jeff on proper coating maintenance.

3. Thanks JeffK thanked this post
    Likes JeffK, dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Merlin. I'll print your answer out and consider it carefully - exactly the sort of things I wanted to know. Jeff
    Last edited by JeffK; 08-08-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
    Hello,

I have just gifted my partner a Carpro cQuartz Finest Reserve ceramic coating on her new (demo) red 2017 Subaru BRZ. I am in Australia.

I have a range of CarPro car care products including Reset, Reload, Hydro2 Lite, Ech2o and Elixir. I plan to get Essence+ in the future. I have used these on my (non CarPro) ceramic coated car occasionally over the last 18 months, along with other maker’s products.
    My questions are:-

2) I’m confusing myself with all the product I’ve got. What do forum members recommend as options for using one or more of the products on the coating? Without, that is, masking the characteristics of the coating. I am thinking my priorities are (in approximate order of priority):-

a) protection for the new coating,
    b) hydrophobic behaviour and ease of cleaning especially of insect debris, tree sap, water spots etc
    c) gloss
    d) ease, low frequency and speed of application
    e) longevity

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thank you and regards,

Jeff
    I would not bother with essence plus. The concept and gloss is are nice but from my experience it's longevity and durability is underwhelming.

These are my recommendations.

1. Reset is not a strip wash. It will not remove reload. I could see why your detailer or anyone would think so as it says the following on the product page about it possibly degrading organic waxes and polymer sealants. Reload is inorganic so no worries there.

Precautions:
    Do Not Ingest
    Keep out of reach of children
    May degrade organic waxes and polymer sealants
    In case of sensitive skin or a pre-existing skin condition, wear protective gloves whilst washing to avoid possible dryness and mild irritation

2. Based on what you have i would stick with two products. Elixir and Ech20. I am not a fan of Reload as it's longevity is not that good. After a couple washes it goes flat making it look like the coating has failed. It does leave a nice gloss and slickness. It also does a decent job filling in minor defects. I just would like it to have better durability and better hydrophobic properties.

With that said I would stick with Elixir as it seems to perform better in terms of longevity over Reload. It is an excellent drying aid as well. I also recommend having Ech20 and carry it in the car for those moments where you may need to remove something from the paint. It is a versatile waterless wash that works well as a quick detailer and drying aid. I would also use Ech20 to clean this from the paint giving it has more cleaning power than Elixir.

For my personal car because I do not like topping it with Reload, all I use is Ech20 at 1:20 as a drying aid. I prefer to see the behavior of CQUK 3.0.

On my brothers that has CQ TiO2, he used Elixir once a month and Ech20 at 1:20 every other time. This combo has been working well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remembered I had asked for this advice and wanted to recheck it after washing the referenced car today. I realised that I had not expressed my thanks for the above advice so this post is just a belated thanks for that very apt guidance.

Regards, Jeff