Thread: Removing Spray Paint residue recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Removing Spray Paint residue recommendations?

What would be the best (safest or proper) way to remove spray (can) paint on a car that was currently treated with 2 coats of cQuartz UK and 1 coat of Gliss?
    Situation: the car was parked about 10 meters away of someone painting with a Spray Can and now the car has residue attached to it all over the place, the surfaces feel incredible rough, like sand paper, although the paint is not noticeable visible.

I did a small test on a spot with clay bar and it removes the spray residue (you can tell by the color of the clay) and the surface feels smooth again.

I consider that there is no other option than clay the whole car, then polish again with a finish/soft polish (aka 2nd step) then re-apply cQuartz.

But would like to hear some other expert options that there might be???

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a bottle of acetone, or nail polish remover containing acetone. You may not have acetone on hand, but you may have a bottle of nail polish remover. ...
    Pour acetone or nail polish remover onto a cloth. ...
    Rub the cloth gently onto the spray paint. ...
    Wash your car after removing the spray paint.

3. Thanks smoke thanked this post
    Likes smoke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can certainly try that, didnt think of it, actually I was thinking it would hurt the clear coat, Wouldnt it?
    It might somehow kill the Gliss coat at least, but its less severe than clay/polish for sure if it works!

Will update with results later on, thanks for the feedback!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any update?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tested some products on a small spot, have to say that paint thinner was the only one that removed the blue spray, must be extremely cautious with not touching any rubber or plastic without clear coat as it will fade them, but for the spray seems to have removed it and did not affect the actual paint/clearcoat of the car.
    Of course I applied with an cotton applicator and heavily heavily rinsed and washed after.

I do think that it would also removed the ceramic coat as well though, but there is no easy (or should i say proof) way to say it...