Thread: CQUK 3.0 application at high temperature experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Question CQUK 3.0 application at high temperature experience?

Could anyone suggest how many seconds to wait before wiping off? I didn't coat any car so I don't know how "flash" or "rainbow effect" looks like to wipe. Temperature is 91 degree Fahrenheit.

Post Thanks / Like
    The flash time is going to vary depending on the temperature and humidity. You will figure it out once you start applying it. CQUK 3.0 is almost wipe on wipe off but again it is going to depend on the surrounding environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The flash time is going to vary depending on the temperature and humidity. You will figure it out once you start applying it. CQUK 3.0 is almost wipe on wipe off but again it is going to depend on the surrounding environment.
    Thanks for reply. Do I need special light source or angle to detect the flash? Especially for a black car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancouga View Post
    Do I need a special light source or angle to detect the flash? Especially for a black car.
    IMHO You don't need a "special" light source to detect the CQUK 3.0 "flash".
    Do one section at a time (half hood, fender, door, etc.) for proper application/removal.
    Timing for removal is important. Do a small inconspicuous section first to get your apply/remove timing.

However, you will need "good" light/lighting to see that CQUK 3.0 is correctly wiped off.
    Good lighting will ensure that CQUK 3.0 is wiped off correctly so there are no residual coating streaks.

I like using the 2 face towels Short nap side for bulk removal then the long nap side for final wipe follow up.
    After the vehicle is completely coated and the coating removed, bring it into the sun for a final inspection.

If you are doing one or two coats do the final inspection and any addition wipe/removal after each complete coat.
    Do this quickly, as a black car and the sun will cause CQUK 3.0 to begin the cure/harden.
    Temps on the black paint surface can quickly exceed 140 degrees Fahrenheit.

Bottom Line: CQUK 3.0 is a fairly easy coating to apply/wipe off
    IMHO the most important thing "on a black car" is prep/polishing and Eraser cleaning before applying the coating.

5. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lighting definitely helps. I would recommend getting yourself some low nap microfiber towels for leveling the coating. Use two at a time. One for initial wipe and the second for the final wipe.

These are great towels

https://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber...6-x-16-orange/

7. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update my experience:
    CQUK 3.0 is almost WOWO! I only waited for 10 seconds before wipe-off, or even forgot to wait on some panels. All works great.
    But I'm not sure if those no-wait panels' layers are thinner or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just applied my first layer of UK 3.0 on my CX-5 and I and waited 40 seconds for it to flash.

Using my apple watch for the timer made the flashing time easier to keep an eye on.

I also have (6) Costco LED shoplights in my garage so it made it easier to see the rainbow effect.

Note: I live in Houston Texas so its very hot and humid.

10. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    At 91 degrees, it wont take long at all. I live in Houston Texas (hot and humid) area and use UK3.0 most of the time. In the past couple of weeks with it soooo HOT, flash time was about a minute, perhaps a little less if its extremely warm. It doesn't take long at all. As a general rule of thumb, IMO, each subsequent layer takes less time all things considered.