Thread: new truck cleaning

Post Thanks / Like

new truck cleaning

hey guys i just purchased a 2017 bmw with leather. a couple of issues,
    1. the family had kids who loved the taste of curry and didn't use plates or utensils of any kind.. serious how due you get food under the carpet under the back seats!!!!! Now the vehicle stinks and food stains everywhere..... ok.. the dealership did a quick clean and used an ozoniser to get some of the smell out.. soooooo now I will have to due the rest myself.. I will remove all the seats and vacumme the carpet... What would a good carpet clearner to use to clean and make the carpet smell a bit better..
    2. the leather is not in bad condition but its stained and needs a deep clean.... Can you recommend a leather cleaner, conditioner?
    3. the outside of the car was never ever cleaned!!! the Paint is full of bird dropping etched right into the clearcoat, NICE, I have never seen glass this stained either. I sprayed the glass first with clear glass,then scrubbed it with a green scotchbright for 10 min, Then hit the glass with Rupies zep gloss course cut, and a dual action polisher, and a meguires WRFC7 red cut pad... went over the glass after that with a clay bar and still the glass is not smooth. If I place a hand towel on the top of the windshield it sticks and wont slide.. So what eles can I use to get this glass clean???
    4. I really don't think cleaning the carpet and leather will kill that curry stink so can someone recommend a good, no excellent air freshener, de odourizer, ect..
    4 hrs to clean just the hood and front windshield.. 4 hrs!!!!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    1. If there are fluids in the carpets you may have to find someone with an extractor to get the carpets cleaned.
    2. There are many leather cleaners out there, you can try Obssssd Leather cleaner, it works well. Then condition with your favorite leather conditioner.
    3. I personally would not recommend a Scotchbright pad on any surface. You can try 0000 steel wool on the glass.
    4. The paint sounds like you need to start with a compound and work you way up to a fine polish. You will have to try different pad combinations until you reach your desired results.

Good Luck and post photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok here are some updates.. went over the carpet with meguires deep clean carpet cleaner... cleaned all the floor mats. used meguires leather cleaner, then applied autoglym leather conditioner to all of the nappa leather,, cleaned doors, a b c pillars dash center council with mothers interior detailer, washed the cloth headliner with a bucket of mr. clean and water and a sponge and microfiber cloth.. water was filthy after the first wash so I did the roof again, cleaned all the glass inside with glass cleaner. left all 5 doors open for hrs and hrs....
    Still smells horrible!! ok now what.. I was thinking of taking the interior cabin filter and spraying it with a 80/20 mix of sage sented oil and going for a rip with the air recirc on...
    Exterior turned out fantastic. nothing better that metallic black that is perfect.. I will post some pics later, iam in the middle of a 1200km move so truck wont be clean for a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by instalher View Post
    ok here are some updates...

Still smells horrible!! ok now what..
    I might suggest CarPro Inside (Cleaner/Concentrate) and CarPro So2Pure Odor Eliminator.

Do you think the smell is coming from the carpet? Are the seats made of fabric?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing you may wish to do...Change the cabin air filter and put one in with carbon (not just paper).

I might suggest use -> OBSSSSD Odor Eliminator Treatment <- AND pour a little CarPro SkysBlu Car Perfume on the air filter before installing the cabin air filter.