Thread: After CQuartz install, How many days should I wait until the first wash?

Post Thanks / Like

After CQuartz install, How many days should I wait until the first wash?

Hi, I just had CQuartz professionally installed on my 370Z. How long does it take to fully harden?

How long should I wait before I soap my car?

If contamination like sap, road tar, or stuff sticks to the surface of the paint, can I clay bar it without it taking the ceramic coat off?

How often should I use Reload? Some people say it lasts 6 months. Others say about a month. Which is it?

Will the finish begin to spiderweb even if I'm careful not to push my cleaning microfiber too hard?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought that your installer would have reviewed all of these things for you. That is a lack of education on their end that is a shame as they could have been a better knowledge base and made themselves more valuable to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury View Post

These are straight from the Directions / FAQ on the product page:

https://www.carpro-us.com/protection...tio2-30ml-kit/

After Tips:
    • Keep surface dry for at least one hour after application (For best results keep dry for 24 hours)
    • Gently wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application
    • Avoid detergents and chemicals for 5 days after application
    • If it is dry and the air is clean outside then you may park the vehicle in direct sun after application to speed the curing.

Coating Maintenance:
    • The best thing to do is start using CarPro Reset to wash with regularly. Other soaps can leave residue that temporarily messes up the beading and allows dust and dirt to stick more readily.
    • Wash Mitt: Microfiber Madness Incredimitt 
(Recommended for daily drivers and most cars - This mitt is easiest to maintain and is extremely durable as well as washing out most easily)
    • Merino Wool Wash Mitt (Recommended if car has extremely soft paint or car does not get extremely dirty)
    • Drying Towel: CarPro or Microfiber Madness
    • Quick Detailing
: CarPro ECH2o Concentrate and Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile towels (need about 3-6 towels)
    • Occasionally (every 3 to 6 months) decontaminate surface with CarPro Iron X. Use during wash cycle (after Reset) and as directed
    • If using CarPro Reload as topper: use every 3-12 months, for special occasions or any time you like.

If contamination like sap, road tar, or stuff sticks to the surface of the paint, can I clay bar it without it taking the ceramic coat off?
    You can but you run the risk of marring the paint. I would use something like Tar-X, or even Trix to decon and remove sap and tar.

How often should I use Reload? Some people say it lasts 6 months. Others say about a month. Which is it?
    See the FAQ above. But I would just apply it and then re-apply as needed. Some people will be fine with once every 6 months others will do it every month. It all depends on your expectations and your environment as environmental difference play a large roll in how long things last.

Will the finish begin to spiderweb even if I'm careful not to push my cleaning microfiber too hard?
    If you start to get spiderwebs / marring during or after your wash process then the issue is your wash process. A coating is not a perfect force field that will keep everything perfect. It is a layer off protection that helps make the vehicle easier to clean and hopefully keeps the finish looking nicer longer.

3. Likes mercury liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I just had CQuartz professionally installed on my 370Z. How long does it take to fully harden?

Thanks!
    Most of the questions have already been addressed.

I would recommend purchasing a bottle of Elixir and use that as often as you like. It works great as a drying aid as well. It's performance in my experience is better than Reload.

The more one touches the paint the more one risks marring the surface. It is a risk. But washing properly and essentially proper maintenance will keep the surface as defect free as possible. If there are some defects, Essence Plus is available to fill in some of the minor defects.

One thing to add is to get yourself some ironx and do a chemical decontamination ever few months to keep the surface as contaminant free as possible.

5. Likes mercury liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Short Version:

Do not get wet for 48 hours
    Do not wash for a week
    Do not clay bar a ceramic coating

Depending on the color...(follow top instructions first)
    Dark color - Carpro EliXir (as often as you like) It makes a nice drying aid when washing your car.
    Light color - Carpro Reload every 2-3 months (or more often if ytou like) A fav of mine on light colors.

Most important TOWELS!
    GREAT regular use towels CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16" - Blue/ Orange
    Keep in the car with Elixir Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile (16" x 16")

Do you need a good quality drying towel?

7. Likes mercury liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all! Great answers.