Thread: Is Eraser Safe for Cquartz?

Post Thanks / Like

Is Eraser Safe for Cquartz?

Hello,
    Is frequent (weekly) use of Eraser safe for the Cquartz coating or will it reduce it over time?

I want nothing on top of the wonderful CQuartz UK 3.0 to keep that incredible beading effect. But I use a lot of ECH2o as a waterless wash in a 12:1 ratio which is truly excellent. I worry that it will build up on top of the Cquartz and I want the Cquartz only.

I do a final wipedown after ECH2o, mainly using a spray of water and sometimes IPA on a microfiber to remove any excess product. But now I have gotten some Eraser and it's fantastic, much better than water and also alcohol to remove residue.

Is Eraser fully safe for the Cquartz?

Thanks for the info.

For some info, I used Clear Cut and then Essence polish before the Cquartz on a new black car and it looks like a Steinway piano. Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mugwump View Post
    Hello,
    Is frequent (weekly) use of Eraser safe for the Cquartz coating or will it reduce it over time?

I used Clear Cut and then Essence polish before the Cquartz on a new black car and it looks like a Steinway piano. Good stuff.
    Eraser "should/may" be safe???.however, it would not be my choice.
    I'd suggest EliXir or Reload.

Steinway Piano?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I want nothing on top of the wonderful CQuartz UK 3.0 to keep that incredible beading effect. But I use a lot of ECH2o as a waterless wash in a 12:1 ratio which is truly excellent. I worry that it will build up on top of the Cquartz and I want the Cquartz only.

I do a final wipedown after ECH2o, mainly using a spray of water and sometimes IPA on a microfiber to remove any excess product. But now I have gotten some Eraser and it's fantastic, much better than water and also alcohol to remove residue.

Is Eraser fully safe for the Cquartz?

Thanks for the info.

For some info, I used Clear Cut and then Essence polish before the Cquartz on a new black car and it looks like a Steinway piano. Good stuff.
    No need to go to that extreme. Right from the FAQ's on the product description.

Does Ech2o have protection in it?

Ech2o does have some Sio2 (quartz) protection in it BUT its main focus is on safely cleaning and glossing a variety of surfaces.
    The protection it leaves is not that durable and it won't interfere with the base layer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ech2o leaves a residue, by design. It is a waterless wash with lubricants to prevent swirl marks. So to remove the residue I use Eraser, which is anti-static and keeps the car dust-free for a week or two.

The problem with Reload is that it is a two-month coating, and there's no way I am putting an inferior short term coating on top of my outstanding two-year Cquartz UK 3.0. Reload is not as hydrophobic as Cquartz.

I use Reload with Ech2o as a great quick detailer for the inside and also my rims. (Not the tires). I use the 2oz:2oz:20oz water ratio. Great quick detailer, but I keep it away from my Cquartz paint.

Anyhow, I would love to know absolutely if Eraser as a final cleaning wipe down is safe for my Cquartz coating. I will continue to use it since it's so great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ech2o leaves a residue, by design. It is a waterless wash with lubricants to prevent swirl marks. So to remove the residue I use Eraser, which is anti-static and keeps the car dust-free for a week or two.

The problem with Reload is that it is a two-month coating, and there's no way I am putting an inferior short term coating on top of my outstanding two-year Cquartz UK 3.0. Reload is not as hydrophobic as Cquartz.

I use Reload with Ech2o as a great quick detailer for the inside and also my rims. (Not the tires). I use the 2oz:2oz:20oz water ratio. Great quick detailer for the interior.

Anyhow, I would love to know absolutely if Eraser as a final cleaning wipe down is safe for my Cquartz coating. I will continue to use it since it's so great.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Reload with Ech2o as a great quick detailer for the inside and also my rims. (Not the tires). I use the 2oz:2oz:20oz water ratio. Great quick detailer, but I keep it away from my Cquartz paint.

Note Ech2o isn't recommended for interior use (see product page FAQS). Relating to using Eraser you can do as you wish with your car but Ech2o is designed to work with your coating not against it.

I believe you need to touch your paint LESS to maximize the life of the coating. Using Eraser means you need to touch it more. This isn't good.

Just use the Ech2o for waterless wash, rinseless wash, and quick detailer and you coating will be taken very well care of! Don't forget to wash with Rest every now and again too. This will keep your coating in tip top shape. Don't you think CarPro would include Erase in the care instructions if it would have a benefit?

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgyro View Post
    Note Ech2o isn't recommended for interior use (see product page FAQS). Relating to using Eraser you can do as you wish with your car but Ech2o is designed to work with your coating not against it.

I believe you need to touch your paint LESS to maximize the life of the coating. Using Eraser means you need to touch it more. This isn't good.

Just use the Ech2o for waterless wash, rinseless wash, and quick detailer and you coating will be taken very well care of! Don't forget to wash with Rest every now and again too. This will keep your coating in tip top shape. Don't you think CarPro would include Erase in the care instructions if it would have a benefit?

Paul
    Thanks for your informative reply. I just wanted to clarify that I use a lot of Ech2o on the exterior to clean the vehicle. I just use the Eraser as a final wipe down to clean off the Ech2o residue. It requires a final wipe down of some sort, and Eraser seems to remove the residue well and also keeps the dust away. It's a fantastic product, as are all of the CarPro products.

In the past I have done the final wipe down with some water spray bottle, I just like Eraser as long as the Cquartz Uk 3.0 is not harmed.

For the interior the FAQ says it's fine for some interior items, and I can see that it + Reload elixir leaves an oily residue on the shiny interior trim that I just go over with a clean microfiber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgyro View Post
    Don't you think CarPro would include Eraser in the care instructions if it would have a benefit?
    IMHO, they do sorta-kinda include "Eraser" in the care instructions. Referring to the list of benefits of CQ Lite (which is what I've just started using), they say that it is resistant to "light solvents". This implies to me that "we can use light solvents if we want to".
    What is a "light solvent" though? Does Eraser qualify?

I think this question (can Eraser be used) is a very good one, and I have been wondering about this too.
    I can easily believe that ECH2O needs a wipe down. I tried using this product, and found that it took a LOT of buffing to leave a really streak free finish, and I suspect that all the buffing would have increased the amount of marring. I stopped using it, without having tried another fluid to remove the streaking.

I'm currently using ONR in the rinseless (1:256) concentration, for waterless washing, with a VERY gentle wipedown with distilled water to remove streaking. I am leaving a TINY bit of streaking, to avoid excessive buffing, but for special occasions, I will take it to 100%. (I'm a chauffeur, so do VERY frequent washes. It's a black car)