Thread: Will a touchless car wash hurt CQuartz?

Post Thanks / Like

Will a touchless car wash hurt CQuartz?

Will a touch-less car wash hurt CQuartz?

At times when the car is dirty and time is short an automatic touch-less car wash is very inviting.

Is this ok to do on occasion? Will it degrade the coating?

I would be using Reset, Echo20, and Reload often as well.

Thoughts?

Paul
    Last edited by paulgyro; 11-12-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

In general most touch-less car wash uses harsher soaps / chemicals to help get the dirt broken down and the car clean.

I think most companies will tell you that going through the touch-less regularly will help to deteriorate the coating sooner than their claimed durability timelines.

In general I would say that going through even once in a while might not be that big of a deal. Especially if you are using Reload regularly. The hope would be that the wash removes the Reload and doesn't really damage the coating.

3. Thanks paulgyro thanked this post
    Likes Merlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My advise to you my friend , stay away from those car washes. I took my car to a touch-less car wash and after coming out of car wash I saw multiple scratches on side(Not sure what was the issue but had to get it buffed out and paid over 150$ to a local shop in Toronto named AAA Auto Spa (https://www.aaaautospa.com) which was managed by nice guy called Alex and he did me a favor and charged me half price otherwise had to pay 300$.
    There is another guy called Toronto buffing ad they are good too. Let me know if you are in Toronto and I can help you find a good shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Touchless car washes use heavy-duty chemistry to remove dirt and grime.
    Think of it this way...the guy in the 4x4 before you had been mudding all day.