Thread: 2019 Blazer RS AWD

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Blazer RS AWD

This belongs to the wife of my uncle. She has owned it for 6 months. It is a 2019 Blazer RS in nightfall gray metallic. There was a break in the rain the day after thanksgiving and I took advantage of it.

It received the typical chemical decontamination, wash, mechanical decontamination along with chemically decontaminating the wheels and cleaning the tires.

After claying and visually inspecting the paint there was some water spots that were on the hood, front roof and a couple minor ones on the mirrors. These water spots are etched to the point where chemically and mechanically polishing/compounding was not removing them. At this point I left them as is. One has to make the call on when enough is enough without making things worse while maintaining the integrity of the clear coat.

Other than that the paint was defect free.

Even the pillars looked good.

The process was polishing with Essence on Rupes yellow foam pad. Essence sat overnight after the initial wipe off and lightly prep wiped the following day with Eraser. The paint was then coated with two coats of Cquartz Lite. Topped off with another manufacturers silica spray sealant the following day.

Wheels were prep wiped with Eraser, coated with Cquartz Lite and topped off the following day with another manufacturers silica spray sealant the following day. A wheels off is a job for another day as they could use a good polishing.

The interior was cleaned up as well. All leather was cleaned and coated with Cquartz Leather.

The piano trim on the center console was polished with Essence on a Rupes yellow foam pad using the iBrid nano. It was prep wiped with Eraser and coated with Cquartz UK.

The finishing touch

Final images

2. Likes Merlin, dman68, Devzo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    After claying and visually inspecting the paint there was some water spots that were on the hood, front roof and a couple minor ones on the mirrors.

These water spots are etched to the point where chemically and mechanically polishing/compounding was not removing them.

At this point I left them as is. One has to make the call on when enough is enough without making things worse while maintaining the integrity of the clear coat.

Other than that the paint was defect free.
    Agreed, sometimes chasing dragons is not a good thing...

It looks great!

Nice work!

4. Thanks The Guz thanked this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Agreed, sometimes chasing dragons is not a good thing...

It looks great!

Nice work!
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Guz.
    Cheers,
    Don

7. Thanks The Guz thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dman68 View Post
    Nice work Guz.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Guz, is topping up with a Silica Based Spray Sealant necessary before the first wash??

10. Thanks The Guz thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devzo View Post
    Nice work Guz, is topping up with a Silica Based Spray Sealant necessary before the first wash??
    Thanks. The silica spray sealant is there to protect the coating from water spots during the curing time frame if it happens to get wet too soon. For example using Reload after the last coat of a cquartz coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank for the response, i coated a vehicle with C Quartz Lite about 3 weeks ago, its due for its first maintenance wash.

Should i wash with Reset and top-up with Reload, or will a reset wash and wipe down with Elixir suffice??

Post Thanks / Like
    Elixir is a better product in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Elixir is a better product in my opinion.
    Ok, thanks